gas tank gasket–anyone have?

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show gas tank gasket–anyone have?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Weird question but I need a bit of help: Does anyone have an extra rubber gas tank gasket–the nickel-sized rubber grommet that fits inside the tank’s spigot on the bottom?

I ask because I just bought a new, wider (8mm) fuel tap tube from Cip1 and the darn thing comes bare–no gasket, no washer, no nothing. 
    The one in the tank has a rubber washer on the inside, and a brass one on the outside. I drilled out the brass washer to slide on the bigger tube.
    The old rubber washer/seal is positively crumbly. I don’t trust it, and neither should you.
    I’m sure Cip1 has the part for $1.45 or something but, as you may know, Cip1 will not ship any order less than (something like) $40. And I don’t need $40 of other stuff from Cip1…
    So. Any love here? Any suggestions?
    Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Ed,

I don’t have one but sometimes when I am in a jam I stop by my local NAPA guy and they usually can find something off the shelf that will work – unlike Auto Zone or Advanced. 
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Ed. What year tank do you have? My tank is a 63 and uses only the items pictured in the CIP manual. No extra rubber washer and I’ve never had a leak.

http://www2.cip1.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=7&search=tank%20outlet%20kit%20&show=25&page=1

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.