Mounting wind wings on Daytona MiGi

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Mounting wind wings on Daytona MiGi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

My wife asked what I want for Christmas.  I want to tell her that I would like some wind wings for MiGi but (don’t forget that I live out in the middle of nowhere and have not seen another replica TD for 25 years) have not figgured out how to mount them.  My Daytona MiGi has a stock windshield with the forward facing channel.  I would really appreciate it if someone could send a close up photo of how they mounted their wings.  (Where you got them would help also.)  If I mount them on the sides of the windshield frame then, they would interfere with the side curtains where they snap to the frame so I assume that they mount on the front.  Or, with adjustable mounts they could mount on the inside and just swing them in when the curtains are on.   

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Roy, Check JasCochran’s photo gallery . It has some closeup shots of wind wings that are fitted to allow the curtains to still snap to the windshield frame.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Thanks Larry, That is just what I was looking for but couldn’t find.  I PM’d Jas. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Sidebar…if you hear from James, would you please let me know via private message? It’s been quite a while since he was here.
    Thanks!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.