Photos – Upload to a Post

Home Forums General Discussion Photos – Upload to a Post

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

Wish I was going to be there  I hope that someone takes and posts lots of pictures.  Maybe we could have a spot for event pics?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

The only photo galleries are those associated with each forum member.

Best alternative is to use someone’s photobucket or flickr (or similar) site.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

Semi computer illiterate!  By the way, I have gotten the same message when I have tried to post photos, ie:  The photos must be in jpeg etc. when they already are, and are resized to meet our requirements.  This seems to happen when I try to use the Kodak program, and not when I use the Microsoft program.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

You use the Kodak or Microsoft programs to view and edit pictures on your computer. They are not involved  in the process when you are uploading photos here.

Photos must be jpg or similar file types and should be stored on a local drive when you browse to upload them.

PMOSSBERG40681.5957175926

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Dennis Brock
    Participant

@dbrock

No comprende!  The program is where I have to go to get the photo to upload I thought.  I have successfully uploaded all of the newer photos. and when I browse, that is where I go to find the files.  I really would like to get better than I am at this.  Could you suggest where I might get some reading material?

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Look at the names your photos are given by the photo program. Mine get something like DSCN2076.JPG

the “.JPG” is what tells all the machinery what format the photo is saved in. –JPG is JPEG.

I suspect the Kodak program is saving your pictures as GIFs or something else. The way to deal with that is to open the photos and click “save as” in the menu at the top of your photo editor. That should bring up a box with a button on it somewhere that says “format,” and if you click that you should get a drop-down menu with stuff like TIFF, PNG, PDF, INXR and stuff like that. Choose JPG, resave under whatever name you like, and you’ll be good to go.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

What Ed said is correct.

What I said is correct too.  The local photo management and editing software is NOT involved in the image upload process.

When you click the icon with the Tree & Arrow, a pop-up will open that is titled “Image Upload” with a white space and a “browse” button.

Click the browse button and a second pop-up will open that looks and feels just like Windows Explorer. Navigate to the folder where your picture is stored and click the picture you want to upload, then click the “Open” button.

The Explorer pop-up will close and, you will be back in the “Image Upload” pop-up, with the local address of your picture now appearing next to “Image”.

Click OK.

PMOSSBERG40681.6477893519

Paul Mossberg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.