Free Hardtops

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey gang, Andy is looking to give away the two hardtops he handcrafted.

His words: “I would like to find a new home for the first two absolutely FREE to anyone with a London Roadster. If you think anyone would be interested would you please post photos and have them call me at 910.988.9531. I live in Fayetteville, NC and they would have to pick them up. Again, FREE!”

Andy’s email: andyatkinson7@gmail.com

The tops are unique, designed in a T-Bucket style.

This is the full hardtop:

The second one is a hard bimini top, no sides.

Give Andy a call if you are interested.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Some additional info re: the build process:

The hardtop was built using 1/2″ conduit covered with canvas and painted to match Andy’s London Roadster. It can be installed and/or removed in under a minute.
    The bimini top is constructed of 2″ Foamular board covered with canvas. It can also be installed and/or removed in under a minute.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Jordan Friedlander
    Participant

@bigredboots

I am reviving this old thread because I have fallen into a deep squirrel hole with the idea of making my own hardtop for Allison (Fiberfab TD model on a VW frame)

I called the number and left an email, but as this thread is 4 years old, I didn’t expect an answer.

I have seen videos and watched tutorials on using foam code board to make a hard top, and I understand almost everything I need to get started.  The big question I still can’t figure out is how you fasten it to the car?

I am planning to carve the hard-top using foam boards (the pink stuff from home depot) , glue sand it to the correct shape, lay down fiberglass with resin epoxy to harden.  What I don’t understand yet is once it is built, how do I attach it to the car?  I’ve looked everywhere for answers but so far I’m stumped.

Anyone have ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.