So you bought your car and it didn’t come with the Assembly Manual. Don’t worry, this problem has been brought up numerous time before and our members always offer a copy. The problem is, most of us don’t own a big fancy copying machine and the postage and paper cost alone are enough to discourage anyone from providing too many copies.
Our members have compiled several original Owners and Assembly Manuals from the various manufactures and we have scanned them into PDF files so you can easily download and print your own copy. In addition, members have written technical articles and compiled links to parts suppliers, clubs, and more.
If you have a manual that we do not, or any other resources to help your fellow MG TD Replica owners, please contact the webmaster.
VW and Ford Pinto based kits.
Classic Motor Carriages
VW, Chevy Chevette, and Ford Pinto based kits. Sold under FiberFab name.
Classic Roadsters, Ltd. Duchess
- Part 1 – Disassembly and Chassis Prep
- Part 2 – Body Assembly
- Part 3 – Dash and Electrical
- Part 4 – Body and Interior
- Part 5 – Final Check List and Test Drive
- Part 6 – Templates
- Part 7 – Wiring Diagrams
British Coach Works
Sold as complete cars; VW and custom-frame based.
MG TD and Replica History
History of MG T’s and Replicas.
Replica Kits and Parts
Kit Car Resources
- Kit Car Magazine good kit car info.
- Chicagoland Replicar Association in Chicago area. Club President has a TD!
- T-Car Club New Zealand our not so distant cousin. They have a new model based on the MGTF.. Make sure you check out their picture gallery.
- Caroholic, Bob is a Car-o-holic and owns many great cars including a British Coach Works MG-TD. Check out his site for great info on the BCW Replica and other classics.
- Car Builder Magazine lots of information, good forums and the home Kit Car Builder Magazine.
- The Samba everything VW. Best site bar none.
- Replacing Points and Condenser by Sean Bartnik
- Installing a Non-stock Distributor in a 1971 & Up Type 1
- Timing a 009 Distributor
- Timing the Type 1 with the Original Engine & Distributor
- Removing and installing the Distributor Drive Shaft
Carburetor and Fuel
Transmission and Drive
- CV Joints by Mike West
- 6V to 12V Conversion heck List by SpeedyJim Mais
- Why won’t my engine start? by SpeedyJim Mais
- How do I test my Generator? by SpeedyJim Mais
- Wiring diagram for Type I cars with alternator.by SpeedyJim Mais
- Wiring details for Type I alternator with external regulator (Motorola). by SpeedyJim Mais
- Description of Alternator operation. by SpeedyJim Mais
- Internal wiring of Motorola Alternator w/external regulator. by SpeedyJim Mais
- Wiring for conversion from Generator to Alternator. by SpeedyJim Mais
- Using a 3-wire turn signal switch with single-bulb tail lights . by SpeedyJim Mais
- Audible warning circuit for Oil pressure, Generator, Lights left on. by SpeedyJim Mais
- Wiring of backup lights. by SpeedyJim Mais
- Where to jumper on the starter solenoid to test starter by SpeedyJim Mais