What kit car is this?

Home Forums General Discussion What kit car is this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Participant

@doug1997

http://www.mgexp.com/phorum/read.php?69,3375623

cant post pictures. So please follow link and read it. Comment there or on here, thanks so much guys.

im definitely going to need some help putting and hooking the computer up properly is there a video online, or a post on how to do this?

cheers

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Whew…this is going to be a difficult one.

I’ve been around the hobby since 1980 or so.

In all those years, I do not recall seeing this.

The body sure looks like a TD replica. Maybe the split windscreen is the current (or prior) owner’s idea, grafted off a different car?

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That’s a TD Replica with like a Model A headlight treatment or something. Cool and different, if you like cool and different (and I do). Those look like Porsche 914 gauges in the dash. Kind of cool but look better in a Speedster replica, imho.

I did not see any kind of asking price on that post (The Samba Link below appears to be for a different car). TeamEvil has done a lot of things with junk and so he’s probably right on the costs/price of things. A Type 4 engine is a great thing (stouter than the VW Type 1) and can be valuable in the right hands, but they also can be spendy. If I found myself with one in a TD kit I’d pull it and put in a Type 1 (or a Soob? Or not a Soob!). Sell the Type 4 to a Porsche person or save it for a Porsche project.

But…do not bite off more than you can chew. Really think about what you bringĀ in terms of skills, workspace, money and time. Especially time. I passed on a complete McBurnie Ferrari 365 Daytona Spyder kit (i.e. Sonny Crockett’s car from Miami Vice), with Corvette frame and drivetrain a few months ago after weighing my skills and free time vs potential payoff. It was a hard decision even though the guy wanted only $3500, which was less than the parts were reasonably worth.

My two cents.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.