Wife says we don't need two of them!

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale Wife says we don't need two of them!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeff
    Participant

@jeffthornton

It is Michigan titled as a 1985 MG Replica. 1974 VW Super Beetle used as donor. Engine code AH226772 Chassis code 1142278227.

I am calling this a barn find that must have set outside for a while. As usual it was found with gel coat oxidized and I am in the process of cleaning that up so it looks better when I list it on Craigslist, but you folks know what the facts about the gel coats. Chrome is pretty rusty, wood steering wheel and dash need restoration and of course it needs a new top. Mechanically the motor purrs and the exhaust sound very nice. Actually I was halfway thinking about doing and engine swap with mine. shifter bushing should be replaced although it is drivable. I am posting the detail pictures for us “the in crowd” so if anyone wanting to do this car justice KNOW what your starting with.

I’ll offer it here for $3,000 before I finish cleaning it up for a Craigslist ad. yes, my plan is to clean it up and post the flattering pictures because as you all know these have a definite cool factor that sells them. And of course I will probably list a starting price of $3,500.

So there, $3,000 is my price.

Email me and I can send a mess of pictures jeffthornton@hotmail.com
    Jeffthornton2014-06-14 08:26:51

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Good luck with the sale Jeff.

Just wondering, when the wife said you “don’t need two,” maybe she meant you need three! 😆

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Peter C. King
    Participant

@bdriver

Would the top and side curtains that were just offered for sale fit this one?

Jeff
    Participant

@jeffthornton

Yes it should.

Mike had a Fiber Fab.

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

Jeff let her know that I have two and enjoy one of them ,still haven’t got around to finish the other one.

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

I have two, myself. My wife tried to say something but I stopped her and reminded her that what we paid for her Lincoln Navigator I could have a fleet of kits and drive a different one to work each day of the week… She never said another word.

As for the pricing, if you do sell, I paid $6,000.00 for mine and feel that I got a great deal. I had it a month and a woman offered me 12,000.00 for her and I turned her down. I told her that this will be one of my “Cool Grandpa” cars when my boys start having kids.

I got Eliza Jane by default. It was in Octobrt and I dropped my son off at college. Instead of going back home and returning to pick him up after class, I went to visit some friends who own a classic car dealership down the street from the college. When I arrived, I saw a reproduction of a 1932 Bugatti Roadster. I had to have it! It was yellow with a black leather interior and built for speed. She had a 1776 engine with dual Webbers and a bunch of other stuff to make it scream. I wanted to test drive her but she wouldnt start. I told Tom to get it running and after a test drive well talk price. I returned the next day my son had class and she was gone. Tom said that a guy came in that Saturday,she started right up and he drove it home. I vowed that that would never happen again. So, when I found Eliza Jane on the same lot about 6 months later, I nearly burned a hole in my pocket taking my wallet our to pay. After all youve got to strike when the irons hot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.