Insignia being created

Home Forums General Discussion Insignia being created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

I?m having a sticky vinyl insignias ? logo?s created for my wheel covers created a vendor of mine.  They are making five of these for me overall width to be 3 inches and the width of the actual insignia is 2 inches.  

RobBaker39839.3485300926

thomas swartzwelder
    Participant

@tomscs

I would be interested in a set of 5

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Tom let me get mine first and do the QA then I’ll post pictures and details how to get in touch with the vendor making the insignas.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Rob & Tom, Moss Motors part #462-720 is simular to what you are describing It is for the Rostyle wheel used on the MG-B .I think these are the ones I have on my car. They are made out of metal and are silver with black letters and have a slightly raised center.I used them on the horn button as well as the hubcap spinners.I picked mine up at a british car show .Moss price list shows them at $1.55 each.

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Great tip Larry I seached that site for insignia and logo and came up short.  Pretty cheap too. 

Thanks for the info

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Just a followup on my wheel effort.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Rob, Those are great emblems and look like a nice fit on the wheel .I looked at the ones I have and they are black with silver letters not silver with black as I said previously.Guess it had been to long since I took a good look at my car ,also it might be a case of me not being as young as I once was.Do yours have a peel off back with adhesive on them and can they be purchased? Thanks for sharing this info ,it is always good to get new ideas.

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Larry,

The vendor is Brian from

Vendor name deleted because of copyright issues, sorrry.

Great to work with does a lot of custom graphic work, did a nice job on my meatballs for my cobra.  These insignias are a vinyl that have a peel off back which sticks real well.  Very professional good turn around pay with paypal.

RobBaker39839.3493865741

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Looks great Rob

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hey Rob,

I just sent an EMail to these guys to buy a set of the MG logos. I think they’ll look great!

Another idea, that I tested. I have the same wheels as you. I’ve been looking at them for some time, thinking that if I painted the chromed pan section of the wheel (the area behind the spokes) a semi gloss or semi flat Black, they would look more like real Wire Wheels. I tested it on the Spare (that gets covered anyway) and I REALLY like the look! It really brings out the wire baskets and from a reasonable distance (depending on your eyesight) they almost look real.

When I get them all done and install the MG logos, I’ll post a few pictures.

Rich

Guests
    Participant

@guests

are those wheels or baskets? Who are they made by?

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

68C10,

These are Baskets. They are the wheels that came with the FiberFab replica. The kit consists of a flanged center hub that fits the center hole of the wheel. The larger shaped cap and Wire Basket are held in place by screws and an outer hub “cap”. All screws fasten to the inner flanged center hub. A pretty clever design.

Rich

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

68C10,

I forgot to mention, these wheels only came with the Ford/Chevy FiberFab kits. VW based kits had the spoke hub caps that fit on what I believe are standard VW 15″ wheels.

Rich

Guests
    Participant

@guests

thanks Rich,

I like the look of the wheels over mine. you can see my pics under 68c10.

I have the VW base FF it has the hub cab wires …I am not sure how much I like them at this point..I like the Idea of keeping the kit stock etc. But….(there is always a but) my past behaviors prove that I am not one to leave things alone LOL

I am thinking of going with the stock wheel/baby moon look…I like your insignias I wonder if they would work on the hubcaps?

The spokes would be nice but I would want the thin ones…and it seems that those are way up there on the $ scale.

To wire wheel or not to wire wheel? That is the question?

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Sorry guys but I was told by the vendor who initially created these insignias for me that he is unable to create any more or these insignias because of copyright issues.  It’s a sign of the times and vendors have to protect themselves.

It was my mistake to think that a vendor could do this in any sort of volume without getting into trouble

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.