Insurance Appraisal

Home Forums General Discussion Insurance Appraisal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

@jmgigante

This my be a very newb questions, but what would I put for insurance value for an 88 Duchess? Is there some kind of appraisal service somewhere? What do you all do for insurance?

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

After my London Roadster road worth and I could drive it again, I wanted insurance coverage with Hagerty at agreed value. I looked at current prices for running kit cars in good condition.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

As did Mark, I also went with agreed value with Hagerty. It’s hard to apply a hard and fast value on these as they are all different.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145965855757?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pvullnr-rqw&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=qfksgSyzTVW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

If the link does not work, there are twp MG TD replicas on ebay right now. Each is listed at $14,000. No auction. Buy it now.

James
    Participant

@jmgigante

So what I am hearing from this is that I got a ridiculously good deal on this thing, since it has no real issues and I paid $5,500? Excellent!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by James.
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

It all depends on too many factors. If the car is in great shape snd the engine and tranny are good, you may have gotten a great deal, indeed.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

James, $5,500 is a good price for a clean TDr.

I see a lot of ads in the $15k range. You can find clean original TDs for that price. And while I wish it were so, I stand by my opinion that these are not fifteen thousand dollar cars.

The eBay post Mark shared ended with no sale. Of course, that could mean the dealer sold it outside of eBay.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.