1978 San Diego MIGI everything for sale

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits 1978 San Diego MIGI everything for sale

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John Richardson
    Participant

@prisoner6

I am within a week of completing my 1978 MIGI TD with ALL NEW parts BUT I just bought another kit today and need to make room. EVERYTHING body wise is for sale and ALL parts are new. I plan to keep the zero miles engine and zero tranny and frame and suspension. ALL body parts are for sale. Fenders are Earl Shieb painted black, body is Hunter Green, new seats with tan upholstery seat back needs upholstery. Windshied has crack, dash is freshly upholstered with Porsche 914 tack, new gages, ALL new electrical switches, relays, bulbs. Need to sell to local San Diego area enthusiast. Car is at MCAS Miramar auto hobby shop but will go to home garage end of Feb Asking $1,500, you pickup. I replaced EVERYTHING on this car, need to sell ASAP! Photos to follow this week.
    John Richardson
    (858) 397-2928 home
    (858) 826-5076 work

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

#2 is waiting on the photos.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

John Richardson
    Participant

@prisoner6

Here are the photos as of two weeks ago, I just bought a Cheetah roadster kit body and am thinking of (may I be permitted sacrilege: Putting it on the VW chassis)! After all it is about the same dimensions as a dune buggy, sits very low and a rear engine Cheetah MIGHT be kinda neat!

flipmgtd
    Participant

@flipmgtd

Do you still have the seats?

thanks
    Flip
    904 571 0026
    John Richardson
    Participant

@prisoner6

🙂 Well, I sold the Cheetah Roadster body in June 2015 to a Cheetah racer from the Chicago area, however to do this(I agreed to deliver the Cheetah from San Diego to Chicago area, which I did in 4 days) I had to buy a new truck as the transmission in my Ranger went out just before I left and I just got laid off from my job. A new (2007 anyway) truck set me back having to make payments again so the MGTD suffered for awhile, this plus the US Marine Corps HQ decided Auto Hobby Shops on USMC bases would be self supporting so my stall fee of $200 a month went up to about $300 a month and the Cornels wife decided all the “Project Cars” made the place look like a junkyard so all us restoration guys had to move our projects out of a covered stall with 110V power and LP air to an open parking stall open to the weather. Which was not so bad until “El Nino” decided to show up starting November. My Harbor Freight blue tarp sun rots easily so the second one now has holes which lately allows about an inch of rain on the new floor pans and carpet. Tiring of trying to rewire the car with a new rear harness and a used VW Bug harness, I finally broke down and bought a dune buggy “Plug & Play” harness off eBay. This was a good decision as all the leads are identified and so far everything connects (the relays have me a might confused) and some leads (to brake MC switch and reverse) were a foot short butt he guy did include  pigtails for the gauges (I still hook up aa to the VW speedo gauge) and leads for the Porsche 914  tach and leads to an aftermarket turn signal/hazard flasher that mounts to the steering column. I can now finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Ordered a rear splash pan from MG Magic, it fits VERY well (just had to trim 1/2 in from inside sides and taper the rear inside 1 in center to where I trimmed the sides. I highly recommend the Dune Buggy Plug & Play harness and the splash apron. Just got the good news that I can use a covered stall again only for $250 a month so I moved out of the weather but I expect  to have it out of there and on the road within the next two weeks. Its actually been under construction for three years this month and should have been done a LONG time ago. But after so much blood (literally), sweat and tears (not to mention MUCHO dinero) the “Sow’s Ear” is getting ready to run and I’ve got WAY to much money to give it away so I’ve decided to keep her along with a new name. I think “Emma Peal” sounds nice, Emma always turned me on anyway!:-) 

John Simion
    Participant

@johnsimion

It’s just funny to see your post today after reading the original one almost a year ago that said you were “within a week of completing” your car.  I can’t criticize, since I’ve made the same claim many times about my car, and each time the completion date slips farther and farther back.  I wonder how many others of us have seen time slip away …
    johnsimion2016-01-11 00:51:20

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Congratulation on the near completion…ain’t it fun?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

John Richardson
    Participant

@prisoner6

Just think, last year someone smart could have picked up a mechanically new ALL NEW ZERO miles on engine/trans everything else VW MGTD for $1,500! Glad no one jumped on it. I’ll never recoup the $3000 a year storage ($9000 total) but hey it’s ONLY money!

greg
    Participant

@gevansnc

I am looking for a hood for my vw based mg TD kit. The car I just purchased had the hood stolen when it was being transported. Does anyone know where  I can get one for a reasonable price?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.