AUDREY_HEPBURN

Home Forums General Discussion AUDREY_HEPBURN

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Wish I could have got her to give me a push!  If he would have had a MGTDr, it would probably run right, and they could already be in a hotel bed.

Bill

Bad Bill

Dave B.
    Participant

@dave-b

Actually, Bill, the car goes up in flames.  Sorry to have to break it to you.

Rosebud and Bill
    Participant

@rosebud-and-bill

Dave

Did they make it to the hotel bed first.

Bill

Bad Bill

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Ah, that ruined for me. I bought it, but haven’t seen it yet. NEVER give away the ending!

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

that wasnt the ending  …  lol

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

That’s the movie my wife and I saw waaay back when we first started dating.  Fell in love with each other and TD’s.  Said some day we would have one, that’s how we came up with the name for our car “Audrey”.  We had forgotten that the car went up in flames and ended up in a pond, until we re-watched it again right after we bought our TDr.  Excellent movie though.  Would be interesting to find out what actually happened to that TD in the movie. 

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

I have the  DVD  with comments by the Director Stanley Donen  ..they  had  doubles fo r the cars he says…BTW   love the soundtrack ..

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

That scene where the TD catches fire always brings a tear to my eye. The movie itself should be watched every five or six years by married couples; each viewing will reveal something new about your relationship. John’s right about the soundtrack, which is, unfortunately, very hard to find. Jazz guitarist Charlie Byrd did an album of movie themes– “Delicately” — that includes a beautiful rendition of the one from “Two for the Road,” though: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/3156eTU9YeL.jpg

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

WOw didnt know charlie byrd did an album too  he is a favorite   thxz Bill

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.