Car cover

Home Forums General Discussion Car cover

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew ochwatt
    Participant

@ochwatt

Hello I’m looking for a car cover for my wife’s MP Lafer. All the covers I have tried are ethier to big or just don’t fit right. Any on got a lead on a good one. That won’t take too long to get. Thanks

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I use a cover I got years ago that was a GM accessory. It was for a Chevy Cavalier. It fits nice and tight with stretch fit over front and rear bumpers.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Michael Ketcham
    Participant

@touche

I’m using a Budge Size 2 from Walmart.  Good for in garage or short term outside.  Full bumper coverage and nice elastic fit. I’m thinking it was around 30 Bucks…

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

California Car Cover, and I think Cover King, make cover for a 1952 MG TD.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

A cover for an original MG TD will most likely not fit your TDr.

Back in 1983, I was able to order a custom made cover. The manufacturer sent me a diagram of a generic car, and there were multiple measurements for me to fill out. Cover came out perfect!

I’ve searched around, and chatted with several current vendors, all to no avail.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Okay … I did more research with some success.

These guys say they can do a cover to your specific measurements: https://www.carcovers.com/

The price will be in the $300+ range. When I had the custom cover made in 1983, the price was around $250. So I don’t think $300 is out of line over 45 years later.

I briefly described the vehicle, a 1952 MG TD recreation, but with slightly larger dimensions than the original car. From the on-line rep:

For a semi-custom fit, we would need some dimensions to help us determine what cover we could send for you. We would need Length (bumper to bumper), width, and height in inches. You can provide those dimensions in one of two ways once you have them: 1. You can call in the order 1-800-385-3603 and mention your vehicle with the dimensions. 2. You can put the dimension information in the “vehicle modification box” at checkout.
    For a fully custom fit, we will send you the dimension sheet for you to fill out to ensure the cover will fit to every body contour of your vehicle.
    Good luck!
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Paul Mossberg.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I had mine made at a local marine upholstery shop.  At the time they did both the convertible top and the tonnaeu cover.  The cost for both was about $850 about 20 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.