New Member Intro

Home Forums General Discussion New Member Intro

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  mickeyrichaud 2 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Well done. But I wonder how it was an inch off to start with. Any clues?

Thanks, Ed.  Only thing I can think of is that the triangular “towers” for the front engine mounts were welded in the wrong spot.  The MGB motor mounts bolt directly onto them, and there’s no wiggle room there.  I assume the factory used jigs for building their frames, so at first blush it seems unlikely they’d make that mistake.  But I really can’t figure any other possibility.  I’m going to try to get some measurements from other Victor owners, but not quite sure we can do anything other than what we did to make it all fit.  And since Victor is long out of business, there’s no way to get any info from them.

Always an adventure!

Sorry to be late welcoming you to the forum.  I just missed the posting since I was focused on the V8 build and my project.  Anyway, welcome.  As has been mentioned, you have a great project.  The TF is really a stunning car and in plastic it is even better.

1986 British Coach Works Type 52 (Sammy)
    1952 MGTD Volvo engine (for sale)

Thanks for the welcome!  I was a bit hesitant posting here, as the Victor is a bit of an oddball (kinda like me…).

I notice you’re installing a 3.4 and T5 – great combination!  I have them in a ’69 MGB GT and it’s a perfect package.  I considered doing the TF likewise, but thought it overkill.  Plus, I wanted to keep it all MG, and the frame was designed for the MGB drivetrain.

Here’s a write-up of the GT with pictures:

Just checked out the MGBGT build photos. That is one sweet ride. Congratulations. Good luck with the T series.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Thanks, Bill.  It really is well-balanced, with just enough performance for me, and room for us and our “stuff” on trips.  And the A/C is a treat in the summer!

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar