1982? Allison Daytona For Sale

Home Forums Classifieds Running MGTD Kits Cars for Sale 1982? Allison Daytona For Sale

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Wiseman
    Participant

@kwiseman

Here is a pic of my Allison Daytona for sale. All original less than 3300 original miles.  I will be putting it up for sale on Ebay.  I rather sell it to someone here who appretiates them.  If anyone is interested, just email for more information.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Kevin, Welcome to the forum. That’s a great looking TD. We don’t get that many Allisons here. We are all interested but we all cannot buy all the ones that we want.We sure like to look and are glad to spread the word about a TD for sale.

You may want to post more info about the car ,the price you have in mind,and a general location.More pictures would also help both with the sale and those who are just interested in learning more about this unique TD replica.

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Kwiseman, you have a PM

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

She really is a beauty 

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Is this still available

Kevin Wiseman
    Participant

@kwiseman

Kevin Wiseman
    Participant

@kwiseman

More…

Kevin Wiseman
    Participant

@kwiseman

Another..

Kevin Wiseman
    Participant

@kwiseman

and another..sweet/

Kevin Wiseman
    Participant

@kwiseman

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

This car is beautiful kwiseman! BEAUTIFUL!

Question, how sturdy is the fold down luggage rack? I’ve thought about buyign one for my Duchess. But I’m concerned about bolting it through the fiberglass engine cover.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

Ditto. That is one good looking TD.

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hi,

This is one really beautiful car!! I tried to research to see if it ever sold. No info. Anyone know the story? Just curious to see what a top of the line replica could get. These Allisons in some ways look better than the originals!

Rich

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Rich, A new member on the forum , Gunfighter , bought it arround the last of May. He has posted pictures and more info but I don’t remember either the seller or the new owner revealing the price.

It is one fine TD REPLICA.

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Rich, I bought the car May 28th. It was located in Tarpon Springs, Florida and now resides in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. It’s my first MGTD and I am very excited to have it. If you think the pics look good you should see it in person. Especially after a good coat of wax. It’s not a 10 but a good solid 9 with the only flaws being some surface rust on the real center mount wire rims and on the tail pipes which I plan to change to a ceramic Tri Mil Euro Tip. As for the wire wheels I’m just gonna have to polish them and live with it for now till I can have them re-chromed. The car has a 1.7 liter VW engine and runs like a top. The interior and exterior are immaculate. I have to have a new top made as the original one has dry rotted. It was never used on the car and the side curtins are in like new condition and still in the original boxes. As far as the selling price goes let’s just say I got lucky and got it for way less than the car is worth. Especially one in this condition. I have been trying to gather more information on the car but keep coming up empty handed. I have 3 of the original brochures, two of Ken Allison’s business cards, and a price list/spec sheet that came with the car. From what I have observed the car is extremely well built. Extra reinforcement of the chassis and the Glass body, fenders and deck lids are very thick and sturdy. The car is well detailed and another great feature is the under hood area up front. The gas tank is built into the body somehow leaving the entire underhood area open for storage. The battery sits in a recess behind the passanger seat leaving that area open for additional storage. You can tell a lot of thought went into the design. I don’t know how many of these vehicles were sold but unless people are holding on to them and not telling anyone I don’t think there are very many still out there. I know Richard Wobby has one and there is a Larry on this site that has one also. If anyone knows anything about the history of the Allison Replicar company or where I can get any information about the car please let me know. I would love to see some design drawings to see how the car is actually built.

Thanks for your interest.

tom

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

Just a hint, Tom: That photo gallery button at the top of the screen is there for a reason. 

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Tom Colello
    Participant

@gunfighter

Oh, is that what that’s for. I was wondering. LOL

I’ll try to get some pis up. May wait till we get back from Cruisin the Coast on the 10th as I hope to be able to take some nice shots on the beach.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

remember it’ll soon be TD Replica Calendar Time. Save some BIG photo files to email me later for that

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.