A brief fix and a WordPress 6.0 upgrade soon.

Home Forums Site A brief fix and a WordPress 6.0 upgrade soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

We had a strange problem recently where the Library, Gallery, History, and Store were not showing properly. Frankly, I’m not entirely sure what went bonkers, but a “reset” of “permalink settings” brought things back to normal. Not suspecting anyone need to know what all that entails, other than, things are working as expected now.

There’s a new version of WordPress out. WordPress is what drives the core of the site. Then we use a few add-ons (BuddyPress and bbPress) to provide the forum capability. WordPress has v6.0 out which is a major release, we are on version 5.9.3 at the moment. I don’t expect the upgrade to break anything, but figured I would post a note here just in case. Of course, if it does break something you won’t be reading this when it’s broken!

Not sure when I’ll apply the upgrade, likely next week after folks have had a chance to read this and be aware we might have a short outage while the work is being done.

Stephen

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

You will also notice the “Store” is gone and replaced by a “Join” link.

We have not had anything to sell in quite some time, so the link was a bit …dated.

Also, to try and manage the spam registrations we have on and off tried different approaches. The current one will allow any current user to “invite” someone. This includes Paul and myself who I suspect will do the vast majority of the invites via the webmaster@tdreplica.com email address. Anyhow, if you click on “Join” you will see the details.

Stephen

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.