Auto Insurance

Home Forums General Discussion Auto Insurance

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    StephenDS
    Participant

@stephends

Purchasing a Fiberfab MGTD Replica Chevette based.  Any thoughts on companies who will provide auto Insurance?

StephenDS

Michael Davis
    Participant

@oldnslow

State Farm insures mine without hesitation. Liability only though.

Al Greig
    Participant

@al-greig

I have Hagerty with a agreed value if car is totaled.

StephenDS
    Participant

@stephends

Thanks…I called Hagerty today and their rates were good if low miles driving and kept in garage.

StephenDS

StephenDS
    Participant

@stephends

Thanks Michael… liability is primarily what I want anyway.

StephenDS

Eric Fowler
    Participant

@mcgruff

I use American Modern for both of my replicas. Agreed value, full coverage. Policy limits coordinate with my umbrella policy. Must be garaged, and there is an annual mileage limit. Pricing lower than Hagerty and Grundy through my local AAA insurance agency office.

1952 MG TD FiberFab MiGi, incomplete. 1974 Beetle tub, 1969 1500 cc single port.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

Hagerty.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Gregg Strain
    Participant

@greggs

Hagerty is a good choice AND I love the magazine an all the videos. My regular vehicles are with Progressive. I had my TD first on Progressive and was satisfied until my agent recommended Hagerty which took a reasonable effort from the agent to underwrite, but the savings were significant. They will ask for secure storage and pictures!

StephenDS
    Participant

@stephends

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks all!</p>

StephenDS

Dave G
    Participant

@bigwavedave

Yup, All my classics are with them. Just added my MCW 52

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

American Collectors Insurance is also an option.

https://americancollectors.com/

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Paul, I really don’t mean to hijack this thread, so I’ll start out with the information that both my 1967 VW Beetle and 2001 Honda S2000 are with Hagerty. My London Roadster and FiberFab Chevy V8 are not currentl running so they are not insured.

Here’s the hijack: Paul, I am unfamiliar with the car you currently have. Will you please elaborate?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

@mark

I used to own a VW based Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess. I built the car in 1982. Owned it until a couple years ago.

Also have a 2005 Intermeccanica Roadster (Porsche 356 convertible D reproduction). After I bought that car, the Mg TDr started to “sit” a lot. I said it was in the corner of the garage “acquiring patina.” Sold it to an awesome gentleman in Texas. Unfortunately, six months later he and his wife decided to move close to the daughter and son-in-law, and lost the garage space. he sold the car to a man in Calif who should never have purchased a vintage vehicle of any kind, in particular an air cooled car. the Texas owner drove the car almost every day. The Calif guy claims it never ran properly.

After spending thousands at his Jaguar dealer (because he refused to wait for a local VW expert who I hooked him up with), he finally sold the car.

She’s now in Arizona with a rightful owner who got the car sorted out again, as in he undid the mess the Jaguar mechanic inflicted on the engine. He’s also dealing with body damage, particularly on the doors, which appear to have been damaged by California guy angrily slamming them.

Very distressing knowing what my little baby has gone through; and I wish I had never sold it.

And last, there’s a 1965 Plymouth Satellite convertible in the garage.

Back on topic, all three cars are (were) insured through American Collectors at very attractive rates, with full agreed value coverage (i.e. no depreciation in the event of a loss, the value you insure it for is the amount that will be paid in the event of a total loss).

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.