British Coach Works Kit Cars

Home Forums General Discussion British Coach Works Kit Cars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I purchased the first phase of a BCW Kit Car, and unfortunately like many people, family, work. and life in general got in the way. I have the chevette donor car and the BCW frame and a few other parts that came with the first phase, but when I was able to really start the car and tried to get in touch with BCW, they were out of business. Is there any hope that there are body parts out there still available? I was told that the plastics company that originally made the parts is still in business, but I’m unable to locate then? They are supposed to be somewhere around Pittsburgh (Arnold), Pa. I have the builders manual from BCW and would Love to be able to complete the car. ANY HELP OR INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Dante,

Welcome! You are in the right place. If parts are available, I’m sure someone here will know.

We have at least five BCW owners here. Hopefully we’ll find help for you.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

Always keep an eye on ebay,I see whole cars that need work fairly priced,and you can always resell what you don’t use/need..There is also alot of original td parts that may be modded to fit.Then there is always craigslist.

A list of what you need will help others keep an eye out.

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi Dante,You are in a unique situation.While BCWs are among the most desirable [IMHO], they are also rarer and therefore harder to find.I agree that buying a complete car and using what you need  would be the route that you would probably have to take.

Here on the forum is probably ”the place to be” as there are more replica fans and owners here than any where in the world.I am one of the BCW owners that Paul referred to above but I don’t have any extra BCW parts. I wish you well with your search ,you never know what you may turn up.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The successor company is called Smoothline. It makes removable hard tops for popular convertibles, and is run by the same family–the Fusseneggers–which ran BCW back in the ’80s.

here’s the Manta profile:

Smooth Line

2562 Riddle Run Road

Tarentum,
    PA 15084-3907
    map

Pittsburgh, PA Metro Area

Smoothline.com
    Phone:
    (724) 274-6002

sales manager is Gary Fussenegger and email I found is smooth@smoothline.com

I emailed him years ago just to try to get some background on BCW and never heard back, but if you have specific parts requests and money in hand maybe you’ll do better.

Good luck!

We also have a member who bought a second front-engine TD in order to complete one. I think he said he sold the parts car but I’ll check with him for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.