Daytona migi needs new gauges or old fixed

Home Forums General Discussion Daytona migi needs new gauges or old fixed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

@rob78

I’m running out of places to get my gauges fixed I have set of vdo id like to keep all the old ones but be willing to consider some old looking new ones that don’t brack the bank

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

Also any tips on owning a tdr and making driveable I’ve done a lot to get it to this point but any tips help in case I over looked something

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I have a set of VDO Vintage gauges that I removed several years ago. They were the “Vintage” series. What are you in need of?

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

I for sure need a tachometer what color are your faces maybe interested in whole set

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I’ve searched through the black hole that is my garage and the only tachometer I found was a Stewart Warner unit. Odd,  because I removed VDO from the car and installed Stewart Warner. Sorry, I can’t help you.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

I might have some in a box someplace. Need Tach only? What type? Please post a picture if you can or PM me. I think these are the white faced ” Vintage ” gauges that many cars came in – SS or Chrome rings I think. I bought the kit to replace the speedo but got the original to work but might keep that one.

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

Id be interested in any thing you have call or text me 218-731-6832

Rene Toussaint
    Participant

@renet

What is wrong with your gages? Are you talking the speedometer and the tach? If the Speedo doesntwork I may be able to help you. I just fixed mine. Do not try to remove the bezel by prying it off. You will destroy it.

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

My tachometer don’t work and few others I don’t have endless money to put into it so was going to get fixed one at a time but I’m open to getting gauges to put in for the time being till I come up with the 385 to get mine tachometer fixed

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

The speedometer never been hooked up but it’s on my list to do

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

Id even like if I could find one just like it

Rene Toussaint
    Participant

@renet

The speedometer never been hooked up but it’s on my list to do

You say you have other gages not working so it may be a electrical problem. I purchased my MIGI two months ago and at the time, the low beam lights did not work. After a lot of troubleshooting I found the problem. On mine under the dash on the drivers side I have a strip with all the glass fuses. The one for my low beam headlight had some corrosion between the tips of the fuse and the holder. Could not see it with the naked eye. Removing and reinstalling the fuse 2 or 3 times made good contact again and now my lights work.
    You should remove each fuse one at a time and clean the ends of the fuses and the holder with a fine sandpaper or steel wool. You may get lucky

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Robert

I will give you a call later today. I need to have my wife dig them out – recovering from a broken back.

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

Broken back is no joke you can take your time I am not in desperate need I did pull mine out and bench tested it

Tim Byrnes
    Participant

@vwranch

I have a set of
    <h1 class=”a-size-small a-color-secondary a-text-normal” data-feature-name=”title” data-template-name=”title”><span id=”title” class=”a-size-small”>MOTOR METER RACING Classic 6 Gauge Set with GPS Electrical Speedometer Digital Odometer Beige Dial Black Needle Light Bulb Illumination 85mm 3-3/8″ & 52mm 2-1/16″ gauges coming from amazon.  Ill let ya know how they work out.</span></h1>

Robert
    Participant

@rob78

I’m open to any input because if I dont use them on this I’ll need some for my bricklin gt or my buggy for the buggy only going to do speedometer with fuel gage and oil pressure and maybe volt meter and a tachometer but this tdr is my baby of them all so it’s getting the most love

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.