Dwell Meter

Home Forums General Discussion Dwell Meter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

Hello everybody.

This is a long shot,but I’ve exhausted my resources.

I am looking for a copy of an instruction manual for a Sears engine analyzer model number 161.216300.Hopefully someone here has /or knows someone that has this unit.I will pay a reasonable fee for a copy.

This is a older unit with the conection/test wires conected to the unit.The only manual I can find online is for a newer redisigned unit wereas the test leads plug in.  Thanks

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Did you call Sears?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Here you go oldbuzz…..

Click here:

http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/1006230L.pdf

You can read it online, print it and save a copy to your pc.

PMOSSBERG40947.5527083333

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I use the same analyzer except the newer (?) 161.214230 with plug in removable wires.  I expect that you are good to go with the link that Paul sent, if not, I can copy mine for you.

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

Thanks a bunch guys.I spent several hours and all I could find was the newer model with the plug in leads.

Used that info,(,its all basic ,hot ,ground,and pionts lead )and tried the unit out.Well is seems to pick up a signal,but I feel with age and improper storage for what is a delicate piece of equipment It does not function poperly.

A few bucks shot on an ebay purchase no big deal,Still will look good on a shelf display.

Over 30 years wrenching on cars and never owned a dwell meter.Used to borrow my uncles.Wel as ignition sytems have changed he threw is out a few years ago.

Thanks for the help guys,I knew I could get an answer hear.I just will have to buy a new unit.

Consider this issue solved.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.