Follow up on Ringo

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Follow up on Ringo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dick
    Participant

@dickh

What ever happened with Ringo’s locked up engine?

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

DickH,It was JasCochran’s car that had the locked up engine,Ringo’s just stopped running because of a bad timing belt. He is back on the road, but last I heard James was reworking some stuff under the dash.Look several spaces below your post in the Chevy Ford kit section to see their latest progress.

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Hey DickH,

It was my engine that locked up, but not anymore. It’s still a mystery as to why. I was under the engine, with the pan removed, it was locked up tight as can be, no way it would turn. I laid there staring at it, reached up again to turn the crank just for fun, and it turned just a freely as can be, the pistons just glided up and down, just like that. Weirdest thing ever. Tried staring at my wife the same way….it had the opposite effect. . I now have it all back together and full of synthetic oil. It turns so nicely. Larry is correct, I was so inspired by Ringo’s work of art dash, that I grounded my car for the winter to rework my dash, which is now finished, but not installed back in the car. Was going to install it this week, but my focus changed because last Saturday I purchased a 4 door Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4X4, absolutely perfectly tricked out with all the cool off road accessories, new 31″ tires on alloy rims, lifted body, all the guards and full steel top rack platform. The vehicle is like new all over, not a scratch inside or outside, never off road, it just didn’t run anymore. The kid seriously told me that he would sell it to me for whatever I had on me. So I bought it for the 50 bucks in my wallet from the frustrated rich kid. Sunday I found a cut wire in the harness to the computer module, repaired it, and it starts and runs perfectly now.  The entire electrical system came back to life with just one connector. Apparently the kid clipped the wire while installing an incredible high end stereo system. He left the stereo system with the Jeep . His daddy then bought the poor kid a new Mercedes and I was in the right place at the right time, for a change. . That has never happened to me before to such an extent. The daddy signed and handed me the title right there. They even had the dead Jeep delivered to my driveway  within the hour.

After my son and I put some scratches and mud on the Jeep this weekend, I’ll get back to my dash project. I checked, and the title is real and the car is not hot, except for the appearance.

JasCochran40106.8484953704

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

Yeah, I’m running better than ever after changing out the timing belt.  I had the radiator boiled out and  I’m running 15 degrees cooler.  I suppose the radiator hadn’t been touched for 25 years.  Something to think about if any of you guys car’s are running a little hot.

Thanks for asking!

James; run, don’t walk, to the nearest lottery ticket dealer!  The Gods are smiling on you and you better take advantage!

Ringo40107.6156597222

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

James good  for you,

But I would like the kids addy,I want to be the first in line when he cuts a wire on the Mercedes

James Cochran
    Participant

@jascochran

Good point! I think I’ll give the kid a hand if he installs a different system than the stock one.

I don’t understand why he was doing it himself on the Jeep when they have so much money. But that worked out for me

Saturday I’ll have a hitch installed so I can drag my TD replica on the longer road trips.

Dick
    Participant

@dickh

Thanks for the update and the heads up on boiling out the radiator. My car

has been getting up to 210 degrees on hot days. I flushed the radiator but

that didn’t make any difference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.