ford emblem

Home Forums General Discussion ford emblem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill Hartwick
    Participant

@greymind

For some reason someone put a ford emblem on the passenger side and on the back of my London roadster. I plan on removing them this winter. Then buffing out the paint and touching up any scratches. Will upload pictures when I can.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

You might want to make sure it’s paint and not gelcoat.  The process is different..

Bill Hartwick
    Participant

@greymind

The Ford emblem is a raised stick on. I need to find out how to up load a picture of it.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hit it with a hair dryer or heat gun (careful with the latter, they can get very hot). After it warms up, keep the hot air flowing, while slowly lifting one edge. It should start to release. And any residue can be cleaned up with something like Goo-b-gone. WD-40 can clean up sticky stuff too. A little wax and you’re done.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Bill Hartwick
    Participant

@greymind

Thanks, the hair dryer is a great idea. That’s why I love this sight. It saves me time and money when working on my car. Plus I get to meet a lot of new people.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

If it feels like it does not want to let go…

You can use fishing line as a “saw.” Slip it between the emblem and the car and sort of saw through the foam. The line is strong enough to cut the foam, but will not scratch the paint/gel coat.

You’ll be left with the old foam on the car, but that just means a little more elbow grease on final clean-up.

Dental floss works too, and leaves your car smelling minty fresh! 😆

PMOSSBERG2015-11-07 09:10:17

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.