inthepink photo

Home Forums Picture Gallery TD Replicas inthepink photo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Guests
    Participant

@guests

I really love this car, however cannot find a Vin number on it, can anyone suggest where I Might find it?? thank you in advance for your help, I did take it to the CA DMV and they could not find it,, so now I gotta take it to the CHP, Great inthepink39181.8096296296

Paul Weatherholt
    Participant

@paul

Are you sure it was registered after being built ? or Titled ? if not you can use the old vin fron the chasis that it sits on is what I have been told. The clean Air Act in Ga. is tough but I know it is harder in Ca. so you may want to use the VW Nin # that it sits on.

Good luck

Paul

Robert McRay
    Participant

@robert

Hello,

I don’t know about the VIN numbers, but from the headlight setup and beading, it looks like you have a “London Roadster”, built in Michigan. I have the same version. You mentioned CHP? Where in California are you. I don’t see too many of these vehicles around in Los Angeles.

Good luck in your search and have fun in yer lil ride. Robert39243.5292013889

cucumber1949
    Participant

@cucumber1949

I own a London Roadster which was factory built. The VIN number plate is riveted to the driver’s side of the transmission tunnel, just in front of the driver’s seat, directly below the shifter mounting bracket. I had to remove / lift up the carpet at that location to see it.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

If this is a VW, VW VINs are stamped into the chassis, right near the access panel for the shift rod connection to the transaxle. You’ll find it under the seat.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

cucumber1949
    Participant

@cucumber1949

That is indeed a London Roadster. London Coach Works Limited affixed their own VIN plate to their factory-assembled cars – the location as mentioned in the above post on this thread. The VIN will start off with “LCWL” followed by a two digit year it was manufactured, and then a series of 10 digits after that. The LCWL stands for “London Coach Works Limited”. On mine, I have looked for the original VW VIN information in the typical locations, but have not been able to find it. Perhaps they removed it. Nowhere in any of the literature I have on the vehicle does it ever mention VW.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘inthepink photo’ is closed to new replies.