lens for bullet light

Home Forums General Discussion lens for bullet light

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Russell Boulanger
    Participant

@russlb

I am missing the lens for my front right bullet light its on a MIGI II should be a actual TD light where are some places I can find one, if I can find a used one I need one. If I get a new one I will have to get a pair so I have a matching set.

RussLB

Orlando Fl.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

EBay has a few for sale at any given time. $15 each seems to be the no-breaks price. But these look right at $19 for a set of four, with trim rings. And these here, marked as “Lucas VW” lenses might just be kit car parts originally… I think they’re all the same, but if I were actually buying them I’d check carefully, even at 99 cents.

Bottom line: they’re easy to find. If you get really stuck there’s always Moss Motors.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Russ,

I’d lie to see your light shell.

There were two types that I have seen used on replicas.

On the original TD style, the lens “rim” for lack of a better term, is only about an 1/8th of an inch. In other words, from the seat on the bullet, to the leading edge of the lens rim is only 1/8″.

On the other style, that same “rim” is over a half inch thick. The ones in the “marked as “Lucas VW” ” link look like this style.

The lenses in the “no breaks price” or “these” links in Ed’s note are not correct for an MG. The Morgan lenses MAY fit, but I doubt it. The Jaguar lenses definitely are not correct. The MG does not have a chrome ring over the top of the lens

It’s not a great picture, but on page 70 of the Classic Roadsters assembly manual you can see the original style lens. Download Part 4 – Body and Interior, go to page 15 of the PDF, which is page 70 of the manual.

The Moss Motors page is here.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.