Location of Running Board Supports

Home Forums General Discussion Location of Running Board Supports

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill Stuck
    Participant

@billsflorida

I have attached my front fenders and running boards — now I need to position the running board supports on each side.  There are no pre-drilled holes and the support could be located just aft of the Fender/running board joint

OR 

as much as a foot further aft. I would like to set it at the place that the most weight would be applied as people get into and out of the car.   Since I have never seen a completed car and my seats are not ready for installation  –can someone give me a recommendation.   Thanks!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Bill,

I can’t help with locating the support. Classic Roadsters running boards attach to the front and rear fenders and to the body, but do not have an additional support.

But regardless of where you locate that support, I recommend you not let anyone actually step on the running board. I’ve never tried, and have never seen any of my TD friends try.

Just my humble opinion.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Gene Jenkins
    Participant

@jenkinen

Have you read the manual? I don’t know about the Chevette manual, but the Ford manual says, on page 53: “Center the running board bracket…..”  My brackets (Ford) are about centered on the door.

The Ford Fiberfab and the Chevette CMC manuals are available on this site for download.

Bill Stuck
    Participant

@billsflorida

Thanks for the input.   I wondered whether this running board was more for style — than function.   I would not have stepped on it — but others may try.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.