Member Profile 'points"

Home Forums General Discussion Member Profile 'points"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Royal
    Participant

@royal

On each member’s profile page is a category that is for “points”.  What is a point? Confused

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Points are the number of posts you have made.
    PMOSSBERG2012-03-30 22:25:03

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Royal
    Participant

@royal

I almost hate to ask, but….if you click on a members name and then on “members profile” you are given a page that shows:  PMOSSBERG “Points 2100” and on the next line “Posts 2057”.   If points are posts, then what are posts?  …..or is this one of those “things that will be revealed………..”???  

I remember the festivities celebrating Paul’s 2000th post a few weeks ago.  Had a heck of a good time, – Julie baked a cake and we had a gala celebration with our closest friends.  I am wondering what the protocol is for celebration of our fearless leader’s 2100th point….and is it ok if I keep the centerpiece flower arrangement?
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

BWAAA!

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Clap

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

OK, so I THOUGHT I knew the answer

My only guess…occasionally posts will get deleted, like in the registry, once a new member is recorded, we delete the extraneous posts..

So maybe we get the points as we post. And they stay, even if a post is deleted?

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nah. That’s not it either. I just tested it by posting, then deleting.

So for now, I’m no longer sure about “posts”

Re: the centerpiece…. Roy, reach under your chair. If you find a piece of masking tape that says “winner”, you get the centerpiece!

Paul Mossberg

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Whatever!  We’re going to have a hell of a party in your honor (any port in a storm) and celebrate your 2100th point (whatever that is). 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.