mgtd frame

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits mgtd frame

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    john farraggio
    Participant

@john-farraggio

hi, i am new to your site and new to mgtds.i just bought a unfinished mgtd and i am not sure if it is a made by classic roadster or prestige classics. the frame seems to be home built. i am looking for anyone who might have some info or specs on a frame for a chevette drive line frame.the reason i ask is the engine seems to be to far back and the rear end extension housing was removed. any help would greatly be appreciated

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi John,

Welcome aboard.

Would you be able to post some pics of the car and chassis? That should help us help you id the car and start on the “diagnosis”.

The manuals for a Chevette based CMC replica are avaiable in the Download Manuals section. Perhaps not the manufacturer of your kit. But the chassis diagrams in that manual might help you figure out what is going on with your car.

PMOSSBERG39927.4439814815

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Great advice from Paul.

All the CMC kits have the split pan under the radiator where our grille badge bars mount. It doesn’t matter if they are VW, Ford or GM donor kits.

Also posted here is a Chevette parts supplier (NOS and used) in Everett, WA. His name is Rick Drake. There is also a Chevette Forum on the web: http://members.boardhost.com/Vette_Man/

Rick posts there all the time. He is THE MAN when it comes to Chevette parts.

Steve Crites
    Participant

@ringo

John,

Welcome to the group.

Pictures would really make all the difference. Does the frame already have any of the suspension or drive train already mounted to it?  If they are not mounted but with the kit be sure to include pictures of those too.

Luck, Ringo

john farraggio
    Participant

@john-farraggio

i can not seem to get the pictures to upload, if you could e-mail me at me e-mail, john_farraggio@msn.com   i could attach the pictures and get them to you that way, thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.