Skip to toolbar

New Member with Questions

Home Forums Site Membership New Member with Questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Stucky
    Participant

@stucky414

Thanks Paul for letting me into the group.

I am not a current owner of a MG replica, but I am interested in becoming one.  My Grandfather has one that I am thinking of taking off of his hands.  The problem is that I don’t have a lot of information about it and while researching you find a lot of information and prices for TD models.  My Grandfather’s is a ’39 TB model with a VW engine, which I believe is from a ’73 super beetle.  I am told that it was built by a Cadillac dealer in the Detroit area, but I don’t know where the kit is from.   My Grandfather has had it since the mid-80’s, it has low mileage, and he has kept very good care of the car.  Any thoughts on the TB model versus the TD?  The T-series where all pretty similar designs with minor tweaks.  Would the cost of the TB be similar to TDs?

I am just looking for some insight into these replicas.

Thanks,

Mike

Troy, MI

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Mike,

I believe I responded outside of the forum.

Are you certain about the model TB? I’m not aware of any reproductions of the TA, TB or TC. If the car is truly a TB reproduction, it may be a one-off build. This would be a very cool find. And I bet the members here would be as interested in learning about it as you are.

Would you post a couple pictures? Instructions are in the Picture Gallery section of the forum.

Most replicas were of the TD. And there were a couple manufacturers of TF replicas.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mike Stucky
    Participant

@stucky414

mg-2

Here are the only pictures I have of my Grandfather’s replica.  It looks like other T-series, but I don’t know enough of the differences between the years and kits available.  Any help in identifying the background would be appreciated.

Thank you

Mike

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

MiGi TD replica, I think!

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hi Mike,

Definitely a TD replica.

I agree with Ed. I believe this is a Daytona Automotive Fiberglass MiGi.

Here’s a great thread with descriptions of just about all the major manufacturers. Scroll down to the Daytona MiGi post. I think you’ll see the details align with your car.

https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/manufacturer-comparison/

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mike Stucky
    Participant

@stucky414

Thanks for the info everyone!

I’ll let you know what I end up doing…

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

The detailing looks identical to my London Roadster in its original form. The pinstripe, whitewall tires, fog lamps, horn placement.

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

“Cadillac dealer in the Detroit” — definitely the London Roadster. It is very much like the Daytona though I have found several differences over the years.

Look in the site’s Library under Manuals. There’s some info there about the LR.

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Mike Stucky
    Participant

@stucky414

Thanks Stephen.  I think you may be right on with the London Roadster.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.