No More Grundy

Home Forums General Discussion No More Grundy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Grundy no longer is an agent for classic car or kit cars.  They were phased out by their underwriting carrier and now you have to deal with them directly.  Here’s Grundy’s response to my online request.  I was told the same thing when I called my agent there for my London Roadster.

“Thank you for submitting your information to the Grundy Insurance
    underwriting department. We regret that at this time we cannot accept
    applications for collector car (only) policies in your State.  We wish
    you the best in finding the appropriate coverage for this vehicle.

Respectfully,

GRUNDY INSURANCE”

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Wow! That’s pretty surprising. The Grundy family has been servicing the collector car market for years. And if my memory is anywhere close to accurate, they are collectors too. Sad! 

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

http://www.grundy.com/IsGrundystillmyinsuranceAgency.aspx

Here is the full story:

Is Grundy Still my Insurance Agency?

As
    of October 20, 2011, Philadelphia Insurance (PHLY) has assumed
    administrative responsibilities of policies previously issued under the
    name “Grundy Worldwide”? in all states except Massachusetts and South
    Carolina.

In 48 states, PHLY has imposed a “non-compete”? on
    Grundy Insurance at the current time, which prohibits us from writing
    new Collector-Car-Only policies. We hope that in the future, the
    non-compete is reversed, rescinded or expired. Until that time, we can
    insure collector vehicles, but only in conjunction with other policies.

If
    you want to take advantage of our expertise and legendary service,
    please check out our two new, breakthrough insurance products. We believe these new programs will evolve to be the future standard of insuring all your vehicles.

The Programs

• The “MVP”? all-in-one policy offered through our Motor Vehicle Program
      • Our
        “MVP”? policy offers you Agreed Value coverage on all of your motorized
        vehicles, including everything from daily driver and exotic specialty
        cars to motor homes and motorcycles.

• The Special Collections policy, offered as part of our Special Client Services
        • Our
          Special Collections policy insures everything that you collect from
          fine art, to auto collections, to coins, stamps, bronzes, guns and more.
          We understand that most collectors have many things that they collect,
          and we are proud to offer services to protect them all.

Also, if you own a boat, we have expanded our Marine Insurance program to cover all types of boats from classic yachts and runabouts to modern yachts and raced sailboats.

PMOSSBERG40838.4294675926

Paul Mossberg
        Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
        2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
        Participant

@edsnova

Weird. I just gor mail from them a week ago. Notice of policy renewal offer at $111 for $5720 coverage.

Ah, it does say “all checks payable to Philadelphia Insurance Companies.”

Hmmm.

Mark Hendrickson
        Participant

@pink-mg

I had a bad experience with Grundy after years of using them. I wrote about it here.

Their underwriter used to be Chubb Insurance Company. Grundy got a new underwriter (I don’t know why) and that’s when my problems started. The new underwriter is Philadelphia Indeminty Insurance Company as Ed noted.

Halfway through my policy period, I got a letter from Philadelphia Indemnity that they were not going to renew my policy. I had two claims, one from a damaged windshield and the other for towing damage. Both were minor settlements, under $1,500 total.

I called Grundy and was told “no need to cancel and go elsewhere, we will rectify this”. For the next 6 months they dicked me around until the policy lapsed and never did squat. I called them at least 10 times during the last month of the coverage and they never returned ONE call. So, Grundy got their commission for my policy until it lapsed and I was left looking for another insurer.

IMHO GRUNDY SUCKS

If you haven’t noticed, SPEED TV also cancelled “My Classic Car”, the Grundy mouthpiece on TV just after Grundy got the rug pulled out from under them. What’s up with that?

Pink MG40852.4526388889

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.