Purchasing an mg kit car

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Purchasing an mg kit car

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim Dudley
    Participant

@jddwew

I have never owned a kit car. I am looking to purchase a ford mgtd car.  Is there anything I should look at other than the normal used car items?

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Hi and welcome to the forum.

In addition to the ordinary used car items, pay close attention to how well the car is assembled ,Notice if it appears that the builder took time and effort to fit and finish things properly or if things were thrown together in a sloppy manner. If you enjoy reworking things, you may get a good deal in a car that someone has got tired of working on, if not you may want to look for something ready to drive.Bear in mind that these cars have their little quirks but there is a lot of enjoyment in them as well.

Be sure that the car has a proper title!!!!!!!!! Each state has their own rules and you don’t want to buy something you cannot legally drive.

I don’t know where you are located but there are three Ford based cars on the internet now. Best of luck with your search.

Jim Dudley
    Participant

@jddwew

I live in Missouri.  Can you give me the sites where these cars are located?

Dan Rosa
    Participant

@dan-r

Jdd , welcome to a great site, and hobby just remember the car you pick, is at best 30 years old,,, and work WILL  be needed but that is the fun as to the car it’s self if the body is all there you have the game wone there is nothing  but fun in the future

good luck

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

I’ll have to cut the list back to two cars ,one is a Chevette based car.

There is a Ford based on the Kansas City  Craigslist and one on the Dallas Craigslist.

They show up on a site that I have proggramed as a favorite in my computer but I cannot link you directly to them.I’m not too cp savvy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.