Really need radiator

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Really need radiator

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill Wells
    Participant

@billwells

I need help!

I need a radiator and I am at wits end!  The one I have would have to be rebuilt and because it is copper, we are talking some real $. I have tried over 10 different radiator companies and none can help me!  I don’t know what the donor car was for mine and all I have are pictures and dimensions.  All the companies just want make, year and model.  I even ordered one for $300 which was too wide and I returned it but I don’t think they will even give me credit.

On my searches through tdreplica, all I can find is references to Honda Civic, Chevette or even a Subaru but no detail information.

It is a Fiberfab with a 302 Ford V8 with an automatic which means it has to have the transmission unit on the bottom.

Because of the V8, I want to make sure that the radiator will handle it, even with the cooling fan and louvers on both sides of the  engine compartment.

If you don’t happen to have the sizes they are:

Top width: core only:  15″  With frame: 17 1/2″ Height: including transmission cooler 21 3/8″, w/o cooler 19″  Thickness:  3″ because it is a 4 core unit.

If it will handle it, I don’t think I need a 4 core or copper replacement.

Please help me!

Bill Wells    303-877-7207    billwellscia@comcast.net

FiberFab FM1674 with Ford 302 V8. Denver CO looking for local club with events.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Good luck Bill!

I’m an air-cooled TDr guy, so don’t have much expertise in this area. Btu I’m sure others will chime in!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

A quick Google search shows several radiator shops in Denver that do custom work. There are others such as Wizard Cooling that have instructions posted on their site for building whatever you want. I don’t believe what you’re looking for should be very difficult. The 1978 Mustang II had a v8 and was just a rebodied  Pinto. As I posted before, a local shop built a replacement for me after the accident using a core from an old first generation Ford Falcon.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Jim Langan
    Participant

@langan

Try the Fan Man in Stanton Ca. He custom makes alum radiators 2 and 3 pass cross or vertical with or without cooler. Very reasonable pricing.

Obrien
    Participant

@rabien73

I agree that a custom radiator is your best option. In this way, you can be sure of proper dimension.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.