Registration changes

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues Registration changes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

In the background @pmossberg and I have been working on fixing our registration problem. Whenever we turn on the “Register” we get a bunch of SPAM registrants. When we turn it off, @pmossberg and I have to manually register people, which means they have to email us and wait for a response. This causes a delay in getting new people in the club.

The changes I’ve been making include adding an “Invitation Code” field on the “Register” page. This is a required field and you cannot register without it.

We are working through ideas on how we get the “super-secret” code(s) to people who want to register while still hiding it from the SPAMmers. Each code has a number of times it can be used, which could be 1-billion or just one-time use.

I’m writing this as much to let you know what’s going on in the background on the site (in case you see a blip in availability) as well as let club members comment on the idea. I’d be particularly interested to hear from newer members who had to wait through the email to join process that we have been using.

I’m not promising to implement anything and everything people might think up, but wanted to be at least transparent in the work and get input from members on things.

Stephen

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

I also tweaked the fonts on the sidebar. Somewhere along the way the text got really small (completely unrelated to my eyes getting older). So I bumped the size up a tiny bit and added some larger margins.

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.