Seat Cushions

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Seat Cushions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Was going through the site and looking at the seat fix that Dale (SCHU) did and checked my kit and realize that I have the seat covers but no cushions. Not for the seat back either. What was used for the cushion material for our VW based kits? Would you suggest ordering the standard VW cushions?

Thanks.

P.S. I may live in GA but hail from Mass. (The good side…western Mass in the Berkshires)   

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

When I took mine apart, there was a 4″ – 5″ piece of foam cut to match the outline of the seat. Hope that helps.

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

By the way. The Bershires is some beautiful country. Love taking rides in that direction.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Paul,

Was the foam fairly hard like a memory foam or really squishy and soft? The VW seat cushions that I got for my Ghia from TMI are pretty firm. I may order a couple of cushions and a seat back cushion from TMI and trim them to fit. Does that sound like it’ll work? Chime in folks. I only want to do this once.

newkitman40651.8144328704

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Dale Schumacher
    Participant

@schu

Allen,

Mine just looks like the standard yellow foam used on most chairs etc. – I

think you can get it most anywhere and cut it to fit. The repair I did helped

me a lot on the long drives.

Dale

Paul Allain
    Participant

@pga64

As Dale has said, mine was also the standard yellow foam, somewhat firm but not firm enough that I couldn’t feel the board underneath it. But Dale’s fix took care of that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.