Show or Cruz in

Home Forums General Discussion Clubs and Show Show or Cruz in

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Mrs Wobby has scheduled a vaca for us. It is sometime between the 13 and 19th of sept any shows or cruzing going on, have george and ally not afraid of driving. Would prefer east coast as I still will be in the middle of a heated Lt Gov race. Won’t need to be entertained just looking for some different shows or stops. If nothing else comes up might try Tail of the dragon. If there is any interest let me know.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Dragon’s got some kind of SMART CAR rally going on the 17th. It’d sure be fun to crash that party with a couple TDs! Looks like the deadline’s passed to get the group hotel rate. . . .

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

There’s quite the selection of stuff going on for 9/11. Lots of VFW, firefighter/cop/hero-tribute events. Probably the same everywhere. If I were going to one it might be the Dover AFB show. $10 in but you get food & a plaque & they say the extra goes to our men and women in harm’s way. They put the cars down with the airplanes at the AMC Air Museum.

On 9/18 we gots shows in Arbutus (VFD benefit, $16), Lanham (that’s closer to DC/ Dale Schuman territory) with a $50 (!) dinner-dance contest banquet. Earlier in the day there’s the Millersville “Vintage Tin Fall Show + Picnic” with a $10 fee (for what I’m not sure). Millersville is just a few miles south of Baltimore.

There’s MG meet in Delaware City. (download flyer) As they say, “you don’t have to own a British Car to join. Many members just enjoy the club camaraderie, without the trials and tribulations of ownership.”

You also got the Edgar Rorh Memorial Car Meet in Manassas (link to flyer). That’s a fair-sized meet with official judges & stuff. Trailer parking is free. Next day (19th) is the Hagley Antique Car Show in Wilmington. Everyone pre-1985 welcome. (their flyer).

You’re always welcome here on any given Friday night.

The ultimate event in Baltimore, of course, is the Karb Kings’ annual Mobtown Greaseball. That’s 9/25 this year. Those cats are KEWL. They kind of frown on paint tho.

(There’s also Brits on the Beach up in Joisey. I still say they’d accept us if we showed up in numbers and pretended like we belong).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.