Site not working this weekend

Home Forums Site Site Input and Issues Site not working this weekend

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Alas, that’s what happens when you don’t pay attention for a weekend. The site was unavailable since, I suspect April 28 at 10:19 AM. That’s most of what I know at this point, but I will be looking further for possible reasons for the outage.

My main goal this morning was to get things up and running again. Which, if this message gets posted, was successful.

Stephen

Buxton, Maine
    1982 London Roadster - "Kit Kat"

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

It appears some nefarious actor got into our good site and tried to muck things up. Not entirely sure how just yet, still tracking down a few leads. It looks like they got stuck at some point… about when the site wen’t offline. We are (and were) at the latest versions of everything so I’m looking for (a) something entirely new or (b) someone was hanging around for a long time waiting to spring into action. I did find some very old but suspicious files.

I’ve cleaned up all of what I’ve found and compared against the official code (from WordPress) and things seem to be running as they should be. I’ll be keeping an extra attentive eye on things!

While I *think* that may be everything the only sure way is to do a complete rebuild of the site. I’m going to start looking at that but won’t be able to actually do the work for another few weeks. I’ll keep you all posted.

Stephen

Buxton, Maine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Thanks, Stephen!

Stephen Houser
    Keymaster

@stephenhouser

Posting an image to test image posting.

Hmmm… seems to be working.

Buxton, Maine

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I can see it 🤓

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.