Small banjo wheels

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Small banjo wheels

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,  Thanks, ed, for the pm.  vintagecarparts.uk now makes a 14″ banjo wheel!!  Nice site.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I believe this is the correct site. 

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

I bought mine from Socal Speed Shop in the city of Orange, CA. The manufacture is Forever sharp steering wheels and they are sooo cool. it mounted right up to the EMPI steering shaft I installed and looks Sweet! I had a welder cut the shaft to size and weld a spline end on it. he then welded a female adapter to the top of the “Crash Basket” and that allows me to easily remove the steering shaft when I need to. You can buy directly from Forever Sharp, I just went to SoCal to give Ash the business and I got to see it in person before I bought it.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I don’t think the wheel on VintageCarParts UK web site is a Forever Sharp wheel.

FS has banjos, but all the ones I’ve seen are three spoke. Pictures here:
    And they don’t sell them without the center hubs like the one below.

PMOSSBERG2016-05-04 00:05:25

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-4-Banjo-Steering-Wheel-Black-I-235A-/221618694256?hash=item339980e870:g:4XQAAOSwaNBUdnzp&vxp=mtr

I bought this one  from Flat 4 ..and I love the looks -its 15″ I got he white wheel 

jebarry2016-05-05 12:44:04

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

That Flat 4 is about the closest thing to an original TD wheel you can get without modding an original TD wheel.

edsnova2016-05-05 21:35:22

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

my flat 4 banjo wheel ..

jebarry2016-05-06 12:55:00

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

For all you nubies in the group, the last few Banjo pictures are from the RICH members. They’re just sharing how the other half lives. I read their posts with Robin Leach’s voice in my head. Those wheels sure look Good!

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

:lol::lol::lol:

Vicenç Feliú
    Keymaster

@sabreur76

I really like that wheel, John.  I’m going to have to pick your brain about it because I would love to do something like that for my car.

Vicenç - (bee sense)
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    1986 Aston - BCW Model 52 - "Montse II"

(1983 FiberFab MiGi II - "Montse")

john barry
    Participant

@jebarry

Sure  would be happy to  discuss anytime 

hit me up on Fb messenger 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.