Sun Visors

Home Forums General Discussion Sun Visors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Have any of you seen the ads on tv and internet about the sunshade that is a clear, yellowish plastic that improves visibility? I’m thinking of getting a set and trying them out on Moneypenny. What do you think…worth the money or just a waste of dollars?

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

I have the glasses. They are helpful for night driving. Don’t know where you’d put a visor on the TDr.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Bill. I got the sun visors from MG Magic. Was thinking of using their brackets and using the tv advertised visors on those. Still on the fence about them though. Thanks for your input.

Allen Caron

Royal
    Participant

@royal

As I recall (but my memory is fading) Schu has these visors and likes them.

Gregg Strain
    Participant

@greggs

I have the MG Magic visors and they are dark green. I would not give them up as a sunshade! I’ve been thinking about putting a darker film on, just because  driving into the sun is too much for me! Having said that, my optometrist has told me I’ve got Cataracs starting and I often drive late at night. He recommended yellow sunglasses to cut down on glare.  It takes about 10 to 15 minutes of driving with the glasses on before I notice the effect and they do help cut down on glare.  I would be apprehensive about a yellow sun visor because I would look around and see things under normal light – checking the mirror, looking sideways, watching for the man….

I’m thinking that I would be better off wearing yellow tinted lenses and letting the sun visor be a sun visor.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Greggs. Are you saying wear the yellow tinted lenses and look through the MG Magic sun visors? Wondering what that would look like? I normally wear my prescription aviation sun glasses, even in the fog, and it helps quite a bit. Haven’t mounted the MG Magic sun visors yet. Perhaps today. Mine are the dark green. I’ll have to mount them and give them a try with and without my aviator sun glasses and report back.

Allen Caron

Gregg Strain
    Participant

@greggs

Allen, I didn’t mean to mislead you.  The only time I wear the the yellow lenses is at night to cut down on headlight glare!

Regarding the MG Magic sun visors, I have used them in the latter part of the day, driving toward the sun with my regular sun glasses.  Frankly, they are not very effective, but they help. To be honest, I have never driven my TD at night and would not consider using a dark tinted green visor. At my age, I need all the help I can find to see.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Tried the MG Magic visors with and without my aviator sun glasses yesterday and in the early evening. Visors and sunglasses worked about the same except the aviator sunglasses give me more definition. So going to stick with sunglasses. Can’t say about fog because it very seldom gets foggy out in my area of Georgia.

Allen Caron

secretagentcat
    Participant

@secretagentcat

Living on the coast, we get a lot of fog and I drive at night, all the time…And when it’s sunny, it’s real sunny!!!

When it’s hard to see…I just tie a white stick with a red tip to the front bumper and get around much better! LOL!

In my case, the top is almost always down, except when it rains so the sun visors would be little help for me…I just wear wrap around dark shaded Oakleys to not only keep the sun out but any small debris that tends to land in my eyes, while I’m driving. Nothing worse than driving while trying to get something out of your eye!!!

At night, I swear by those yellow tinted glasses…I bought mine at CVS on their “As Seen on TV” isle…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.