The Real Thing

Home Forums General Discussion The Real Thing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gene Jenkins
    Participant

@jenkinen

Found this in the upholstry shop where my wife’s replica is getting some work done. It’s a 1953. It is pretty, even if it’s not fiberglass. He’d lose points at Pebble Beach because the radiator fins are painted the same as the body instead of the dash color. Owner said he knew what it should have been, he just didn’t like it that way. I guess if you’re going to spend that much on a restoration, you should be happy with the results.

Gene

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Nice one. You can tell a ’53 ’cause the wiper motor is in the middle of the windshield and the tail lights are round.

The red grill slats were common with red cars and may have been stock. Cars with bodies painted the other colors went with interior/dash grill slats pretty much exclusively. The chrome ones like ours were limited to MARK-IIs from the end of the run–late ’53s, from what I’ve read.

Thanks for sharing. Though inferior to ours, that car looks like a very credible resto. A Lucas battery? Really?

Court Wizard
    Participant

@court-wizard

The head light supports are painted to match body??

No trees were injured in the making of this message, but some electrons were inconvenienced.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Yep. The head light support color is original too. PMOSSBERG40278.0102546296

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.