valve covers

Home Forums General Discussion valve covers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gil goltz
    Participant

@sarge

Does anyone know where I can get a set of valve covers for a 2.8L  Have been searching the internet for the last three days with no luck.

Thanks

Sarge

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Hey Sarge,

Looks like you and I are the only “V-6ers” in the club! I had looked for some dress up covers a while back, but didn’t come up with anything. If I do find a source, be glad to pass it along.

By the way, I LOVE that little engine. Plenty of power, smooth, cool running. Also seems that the little extra weight up front eliminates the high speed handling problems that I read about from the VW and 4 Cylinder owners. Curious as to your thoughts.

Thanks,

Rich

gil goltz
    Participant

@sarge

Been to every auto parts store in town. No one can find them. Started looking for dress up covers first, then decided to find a pair and send them off to get chromed. Still no luck. Could send these off to get chromed but am afraid they would get lost in the mail then I don’t know what I would do then. Besides, don’t want the car laid up for that long without valve covers. I know somewhere, someone has a pair sitting up in a warehouse. Its not a needed item right now, just one of those wanna haves.

The 2.8L V6 is a powerful engine, smooth running. Could’nt tell you about high speed driving, I’m not a fast driverBig smile  But it does handle very well at 60 MPH, get up and go is very nice also.

Would appreicate it if you keep me posted on finding a pair, will do the same.

Sarge

Rich Bellefeuille
    Participant

@richbelfay

Sarge,

Check these out. They’re from a 2.9 liter Ranger V6 but I am quite sure theuy fit the 2.8L

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-9-ford-V6-valve-covers-STOC K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem1c0b8 946feQQitemZ120452630270QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5f Accessories

gil goltz
    Participant

@sarge

Don’t look as if these will fit. Did email him and ask if he has any that will fit.

THANKS

Gil

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.