Voltage Regulator Location

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Voltage Regulator Location

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Where are you folks mounting your voltage regulator? I was thinking of mounting mine under the passenger seat.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Mine is way up on the inside of the left rear fenderwell. Not sure why, but that is where Classic Roadsters assembly manual said to mount it.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark
    Participant

@mglondonroadste

Mine is screw mounted to the fan housing with a small rubber gasket.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Mine also, is on the upper right of the fan housing.  It really doesn’t matter where it is mounted, but mounting close to the generator keeps the length of the wire runs to a minimum and makes the most sense to me. 

Hugh Coffey
    Participant

@grandpajo

The best place is on the cooling Housing on the left side as close as possible to the Generator. I would put in an alternator if it was me. I converted mine and it is great!   No dimming lights at Idle, and no regulator. You have to change the mounting base, and fuel pump and push rod. Takes about 2 hours to convert. It is just a much better system, less problems.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.