Windshield post optional covers

Home Forums General Discussion Windshield post optional covers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Larry said “The windshield posts have the optional covers at the bottom to give a MG like look to them.”

I like the look of those covers. Does anyone have a pair they would like to sell?

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

MG Magic had them ”on sale” a few months ago but I cannot find them on their parts list now. I think they were  $88.00 then. Might be worth a call to find out.

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

Larry, thank I emailed MG Magic and below was their response.

Rob,

Sorry, Post Caps are no longer available.

Please visit

http://www.MGReplica.com for all available parts.

Thanks,

BA

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

It’d be cool if someone could make a template and post it here. Some enterprising individual could fabricate some of their own. And a rubber gasket would be simple enough to cut.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Bill Gould
    Participant

@texag71

The folding windscreen brackets on my Lafer resemble those on the original MG-T series, but I’ve never done a side-by-side comparison to see if they’re an exact match. Mine appear to be pot metal painted black, as the TI version I drive came with almost zero chrome. I’ve thought about getting these plated, and maybe having the frame itself powder-coated, but haven’t gotten up the gumption to check out the prices. Maybe when the temps drop down out of the 100-plus range . . . 

1981 Lafer TI
    1600 cc Type 1 engine

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.