wiring help on my migi

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits wiring help on my migi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fore
    Participant

@junkman

check my photo gallery out and help me find out what wiring

this is is it a normal VW wiring or the kit wiring its a

mess i cant figure out what is what

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Junkman, The wiring looks to me like it’s designed by the kit manufacturer. It looks simular to my VW based car except mine is under the dash on the driver side. The junction block serves as a convenient method to connect wires coming from different directions  where it may not be practical to run one continous wire the entire distance. The fuse block should have a fuse for each circuit such as lights,wipers,turn signals ,etc. It does not look like VW wiring to me, though the circuits may be close to the same thing. You can use a test light to determine what wire goes to what accessory.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Are you replacing or trying to salvage If you havent started yet, Start over. wire wire everywhere where it goes Im not aware. There have been a couple good posts I think one of the best was in 2008 do a search for wireing. also there was a great article in kitcar mag about 2 months ago about a couple new products to help with this. if you need a vw diagram  let me know. based on my limited experience these 2 pieces don’t look vw.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

I have excellent VW – TD wiring diagrams from Classic Roadsters.

Send me a private message if you want them

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I can vouch for Paul’s Duchess wiring diagrams. I’m building a new kit and his are far and above what my assembly manual has.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Daniel Fore
    Participant

@junkman

allen and paul thanks for all ya’lls help I will send you a

pm pauli really could use some help cuz my wiring looks

like a nest

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.