you da man Paul Mossberg!!!

Home Forums General Discussion you da man Paul Mossberg!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

I have to hand it to Paul Mossberg. My NJ Buddy has everything under control here! A wealth of TD information, he’s one guy that will never steer you wrong! I’m serious when I say we’re all lucky to have him post here.

I have not posted here in a while. Everyday life has been overwhelming for the last couple years and started catching up to me. So, doing first things first, my car hobby has suffered. My BCW Chevette based TD is still apart (motor/trans & interior removed).

I sold my 03 Dodge Ram 1500 to pay down the divorce lawyers so I needed a new daily driver. It’s a $2,200 special from eBay, a 1989 GMC Suburban. About $1,600 in parts later, it’s  mechanically sound and reliable as a new. It has absolutely no rust or Bondo and had a new GM Goodwrench crate motor, GM Goodwrench transmission and windshield when I bought it. The brakes, exhaust, driveshaft and rear needed attention.

My 85 Mustang SCCA road racer and 1940 Ford Sedan projects are in storage. The Mustang is at the local Naval Weapon Station Auto Hobby Shop and the 40 Ford is in my girlfriend’s garage. The TD project is still home with me and Tyler (my 15 year old son)…begging me to start it back up.

The Mustang is nearest completion and will be sold as soon as I can when it’s done. Then I will concentrate on the TD project. The 40 Ford will probably sit for the next few years until I decide if I am going to Maryland with the pending Fort Monmouth closure. Born and raised at the Jersey Shore, it’s a hard decision to pack up your life and move when you are 61 years old (in 2011). I’ve got 37 years with DOD and need to be 62 to get an un-penalized retirement.

So, Summer 2007 is here and it’s TD driving time…hope all of you whose TD is road ready have a blast…! Drop that top and get the wind in your hair and bugs in your teeth! Maybe next year???

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Aw shucks. Thanks Mark.

But anyone take a look at the number of posts lately? Obviously Frank leads the way. But it’s his show. I’m a distant third to Mark…who has shared a wealth of knowledge here.

I learn everytime I come to this site…either from someone else’s aswers or from having to dig deep to come with answers to someone else’s questions.

Hey Mark…we don’t want to lose you from NJ. But a man’s gtta do what a man’s gotta do! Hope it all works out!

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

The local papers are in a buzz over the BRAC Commision’s noew admitted bad decision to close Fort Monmouth. Seems that the D.O.D. (then a.k.a Rumsfeld’s Rats) cost estimate to close it and move all the post’s tennants elsewhere was bogus and nearly 500% too low! 

Commison members said had they been told the truth, they’d have voted to leave it open…Does this sound familiar with the present regime?

The taxpayers, primarily the middle class, is being taken on a ride by these crooks. 

nuff siad!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘you da man Paul Mossberg!!!’ is closed to new replies.