12 volt power outlet ideas?

Home Forums General Discussion 12 volt power outlet ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Davis
    Participant

@oldnslow

Has any one any suggestions on a brand or style of power outlets for a dash installation? Powerlet brand is not an option. I need the traditional “cigar lighter” size outlet. I want something that looks somewhat period correct. Chrome finish is best, Last choice scenario is to fab a small bracket and hide it under the dash, but that is really last choice. Who has a cool looking outlet setup?

Toller
    Participant

@toller

Michael
    This is the one I installed as it serves two purposes, power outlet for charging iPhone and map light.
    https://www.mgmagicclassicmotorparts.com/dash-board-switch-lighter-map-light-trim-ring-for-wood-dash-each/

David B Dixon
    Port Perry ON CA
    Sabine

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

You probably know that the period correct outlet looks like two RCA style speaker plugs as found on the back of a stereo amplifier. As in

But since these work well with only my period correct brass “trouble light”

and Happy Jack’s hilarious portable tea kettle (which is hands-down the absolute best TDr accessory I have ever, or will ever, run over in BillinPart’s TD race car), the standard USA ciggy lighter makes more practical sense.

Grainger has this one for $10.

JBugs has a VW one here for $20.

Here’s an underdash one —two actually–for $5. I put mine under the dash on both cars. Easy, convenient for plugging in the iphone charger and no worries about how inappropriately “modern” they look.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.