American Custom Cars

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits American Custom Cars

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim Bailey
    Participant

@bailey46

I recently bought a VW based MG TD from the original owner. It was purchased in Ohio from a Buick dealer in 1982. The literature says it is an American Custom Car out of Houston, but I cannot find anything about the company. It has been garaged for about 10 years but still rolls and the engine is complete and turns over. Here is a Facebook link https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1931434457056723/. Any help figuring out what it is in case I need some parts/pieces to get it back on the road would be appreciated.

I cannot figure out how to attach any photos but will do so when I do.

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

How to upload photos by the great Ed Ericson

First you go to your own thing. Upper right corner it should say something like “Howdy, Happy Jack.” Click on that and you get a drop-down menu. At the bottom it says “media.” Hover over that with your curser and you should see another drop-down menu with “albums,” “photos” “videos.” Click on “photos.”

That should bring you to a new page. If you have previously uploaded pictures, you will see some of them. Under “All Photos” near the top left of the page you will see “options” and “upload.”

Click on “upload.”

That opens another drop down box. You can actually drag and drop pictures into this from a folder on your computer screen, or you can navigate to the folder on your computer with the pics. Double click on them and the upload begins. You should see them appear in your photo album.

To get one into a post you have to click on it.

It should open up big. Then RIGHT-click on it, and you should see a box open up on it with options like “copy,” “save image as,” etc. Click on “copy image address.”

Now close the pic and find your way back to the post you want to put this photo in. (I often use two browser windows for this, keeping the “new post” box open in a separate tab or window).

(Hang on, we’re getting close now)</span></span></span>

Above the window where you want to make the picture go, there’s a line of little symbols. The second from the left is like a jagged little mountain with a little moon over it. That’s your “insert pic” button. Click it.

That opens a new box with a prompt that says “Source.” PASTE (control or command V) the “image address” you copied about six steps ago. Then press OK.

The photo should appear now as if by high-tech magic. So simple even a computer science Ph.D. could do it, sometimes, maybe, if he’d had enough Red B

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Welcome to the group, Jim.

And thanks, Bill, for reposting that tutorial.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.