Antique license plate

Home Forums General Discussion Antique license plate

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

@mike-n-scarlett

Just got my antique tag for Scarlett. Here in Arkansas the car has to be at least 25 years old to qualify. Never mind it is a replica of a 1952 or built on a 1974 chassis, they go by the build date to count the 25 years. The plus to the tag is a one time fee of $7.00 (yes seven whole dollars) and you never have to renew it. Seven dollars is all you ever pay. The only stipulation is that the car is not your #1 mode of transportation. The money savings is great, but I wanted the plate for the cool factor alone. It has what I can best describe as a silhouette of a horseless carriage and the words antigue car on it. How cool is that on a replica  ? Just curious if some other members have the antique plate their car?

Mike

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice!

NJ won’t allow our antique plates on a reconstructed.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Got mine. Not “antique” but “historic.” Yours is a better deal though.

Rob Baker
    Participant

@robbaker

I’m an antique with a much newer car “2008”.

I tried to get an old plate but in NH they use the date the car was first Titled, in my case 2008.

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I too am an old antique and here in Georgia, it’ll be an antique car as well. They use the VIN for registration and any car older than 1975 can get an antique plate so I’ll get the antique car tag with the litte model T on the left side. Cool. I’ll have a Brit looking plate on the front with the word MONEYPENNY on it.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Ohio is the same, 25 years.  1 time fee of $70, I still have to wait couple years to qualify.   They are a little tougher on rules, limited use, to and from shows, parades and repair shops. (in theory anyway) 

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Everywhere I go with Bridget is a car show.

Montie Henderson
    Participant

@montie

Ed, I like that.   Our cars do draw attention wherever we go.   Not sure it would hold up when your coming out of Lowes or Walmart..  Do we have a attorney in the group.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Well, actually
    http://www.lowescruise.com/

True story: Emerging from the local Home Despot last year (carrying some little stainless bit I thought might work to fix something on Bridget) I come across a bloke peering into her cockpit. “I have one like this at home,” he tells me. “VW?”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.