Bugatti 57s kit?

Home Forums General Discussion Bugatti 57s kit?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Court Wizard
    Participant

@court-wizard

Any one else want one of these? 

http://www.delahayeusa.com/delahaye-build-your-own.php

Other than cost the big problem I see with the Atlantic is the contact at Delahaye USA tells me there is NO build book for the kit. I guess they send you a large box of parts and cash your check.
    Too bad it could be a real head turner.

Oh well, they’ll build you one for a quarter of a mill bucks.

Still…Gosh she’s purtty.

No trees were injured in the making of this message, but some electrons were inconvenienced.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

There was one parked on display at Carlisle
    . Did not know they would even sell it as a kit.

Peter C. King
    Participant

@bdriver

I’m impressed that someone would spend the bucks to recreate one of the Art Deco cars of the period.

It puts the Auburn Speedster and Cord 810 into perspective.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

So, do you guys think this car is beautiful??   I’m apparently too much of a Philistine to appreciate beauty.  To me it looks like a caricature of a car.  I will say that it is huge….as in really huge.  Looks like what once may have been a beautiful car with a butt job, a nose job, boob job, botox and lots of big hair.      

Jack & I went to the Great Race as 99 rally-ers pulled into New Bern.  Tons of people, tons of cars, and tons of dead tired looking drivers.  
    And guess what else showed up as a race participant.  It is not listed in the list of participants, probably because of it’s estimated worth up in the 10’s of millions.  He lost a headlight somewhere on the road between Norfolk and here.  Replacement will probably set him back a hundred thou or so.  
    Check out the front (amd of course rear) fender skirts.  
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Holy WOW.

Royal
    Participant

@royal

BDriver mentioned an Auburn Speedster.  There were 2 of them in the Great Race.  And a whole bunch of Ford Speedsters.   

There were 6 cars participating that were in their 90’s.  
    If you get the chance to see these guys, do it. Not only are the cars tough, most of the drivers and navigators are to be kind: getting up there in age.   
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.