Carlisle is one week away

Home Forums General Discussion Carlisle is one week away

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Just got an email from Bruce of the Speedsters. One week to go. Gotta dig out the Hawaiian shirt, which Karen always finds so charming. How many do we have on this cruise now?

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Paul Mossberg is in.

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Wobby is in Motorhome and Ally  Richard Wobby40311.9366203704

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Wobby…

Are you parking the motorhome on the fair grounds at Carlisle?

Woo Hoo….we may have a clubhouse!

Paul Mossberg

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

You have a clubhouse, after hours gathering spot, whatever you all need, I’m also bringing a quick up tent, I have a couple all are 10×10 if you think we need more let me know. refregerator will be stocked. brown bottles or cans and probably some cold vodka. I’ll get chips and dip let me know if we need other stuff, my treat. You guys have been great.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Wobby RULES!

Am I to understand that the enjoyment of adult beverages is allowed on the fair grounds? ‘Cause if so (maybe even if not), I have a cocktail Karen and I would like to share. Veddy British. Not too powerful. Would maybe need ice to make it go.

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

I’ll see if the ice maker is operating, as far as the Adult beverages:

ALCOHOL POLICY

Sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted; however, disorderly or intoxicated persons will not be tolerated. Furnishing of alcoholic beverages to minors is prohibited. Pennsylvania State Law considers anyone under the age of 21 a minor. No glass bottles.

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

The Pimm’s Cup is less like a Long Island Iced Tea and more like a wine cooler, kick-wise. Think Al Stewart instead of Hank, Jr.; Wimbledon instead of the Daytona 500 infield. Not likely to cause anyone to become disorderly or intoxicated.  Roger that “no glass” rule, shouldn’t be a problem. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Awesome.

Motor homes must be parked “up the hill”. That will make sense when you see the Carlisle show field.

Show vehicles are organized by manufacturer. There is an area set aside for kit cars. The kits are grouped together, except that the Speedster/Sypder owners club (SOC) gets an area because they are typically one of the top three clubs in attendance.

As some tdreplica.com members are also members/friends with the SOC, we should park our TDs near the SOC cars. But we should try to stay at the far end of SOC’s row so that the speedsters may all show together.

The kit car area is circled in red. The camping area, where I believe the RVs will be parked is circled in green.

The entrancne you will be using is #3, which is just below and to the left of the green circle.

PMOSSBERG40313.4278356481

Paul Mossberg

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

I will remind you I’m pulling in Wednesday and flying to fort benning will return Friday pm  Motorhome will be there wherever they put me. See you all Saturday for sure. Paul save me a space in the shadows it is ugly.

Bill Stuck
    Participant

@billsflorida

It sounds like the Carlisle Show is the BIG ONE for the MGTD and other kit cars.  I’m  new to KIT CARS and will not be able to make this show — But would like to know if there are any others like it that will happen later this year.  Please PM me or post it for all to see.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey Bill,

There are two “national” shows for the kit car hobbyist: Knotts Berry Farm in California (usually in April) and Carlisle Import/Kit/Replica Nationals in Pennsylvania in May.

That said, in most areas car enthusiasts can be out every weekend and many weeknights if they choose. Google “Florida Car Shows” and see what pops up.

PMOSSBERG40313.8469560185

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Ed, Wobby, we can buy ice on site if need be.

I’ve got a 10×10 pop up tent too. Unfortunately, when it’s collapsed, it’s still bigger than the TD!

Funny tho, when I take my 65 Plymouth out, I have no problem fitting the tent in the trunk.

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Trying to figure out who’s coming. So far, I think we have:

Edward Ericson
    Paul Mossberg
    Dale Schumacher
    Richard Wobby
    Mel Zeiger (without car)?

Anyone else?
    PMOSSBERG40313.856412037

Paul Mossberg

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Ally and George loaded and ready to roam

See you all friday pm

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Are you sure Ally has the power to push that big RV?

Paul Mossberg

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Agh!!! From the nothing is ever simple file.

After trying for years to get more than two TDs to Carlisle, we seem to be succeeding this year. And now it looks like I may be a “Volvo guy” this year.

I started pulling the car apart yesterday to do a simple brake job and soon realized I needed a pro. My local VW expert has the car today. I knew things were weak on three corners. But he tells me I’m getting essentially zero hydraulic pressure to three of the four. He’s hoping he can flush out whetever is blocking the brake lines. But wants to wait until he has all the parts to complete the job. Parts are on order, but will not be in until Wednesday.

Keep your fingers (and anything else) crossed for me!

I’m hopeful…but not 100% confident I’ll be back on the road before Friday.

PMOSSBERG40315.6584606481

Paul Mossberg

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Fingers crossed, Paul. 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Got confirmation that first parts order was shipped (thanks Wolfsburg West) but that was the small part of the order. Waiting on CIP1, but that’s OK. I did not expect to hear from them until tomorrow morning.

All my fault for waiting so long to attend to the car this spring.

Paul Mossberg

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Well I’m here. Ally is pissed its cold wet rainy. She is stuttering and pausing like all get out. I changed filters and gave hert a shot of sea foam. She needs to get me to airport tommorrow. Ill hid the keys to motorhome you guys are welcome till I return. You won’t miss it its at ng nh overlooking field. Call ill tell you where keys are

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Nice of you Wobby!

Safe travels!

See you over the weekend.

So…all my parts have been shipped. Car goes back tomorrow morning (in the rain of course, it’s pretty crummy in NJ this week).

It’ll be interesting to see how crapped out the brake lines are!

Paul Mossberg

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Well all the weather is looking promising here in carlisle. So much so ally decided she didn’t want to leave.

Floods out at speed. We hobbled back and I took the clubnouse. Long story. If someone would be so inclined ally would love to go

Down to the showfield. Showfield pass is in glovebox. Keys are under passanger seat. She’ll drive down

She’ll start and meander down there okay. Note to self purchase new fuel pump and carb. Its time. See you all friday pm or sat am.

Have fun. Don’t be afriad just move her that’s what she is there for.

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Not sure what time I’m getting out there Friday. Assuming the Duchess is back on the road, I have to go to NJ DMV early Friday morning, then to the inspection station for my special use sticker.

But if I am out there by mid-day and Ally is still at the RV, I’ll be glad to bring her down to the field. 

If we bring it down, should we bring it back up the hill before we leave? Not sure how that would work out. You might get a different parking space for the RV when you return Friday night.

For what it’s worth, owners do leave cars on the show field over night. And Carlisle does keep staff on site all night long.

As to my own story…CIP1 confirmed they shipped my parts yesterday, to be delivered this morning. So the Duchess is back at the VW mechanic. Still keeping those fingers crossed.

PMOSSBERG40317.9554861111

Paul Mossberg

Richard Wobby
    Participant

@richard-wobby

Well glad were going to see duchess. Whoever moves her just leave her on showfield. No one could get more than a mile or two. You know you could even take keys. Ill see you sat am anyways.

Mel Zeiger
    Participant

@luvmytd

Sorry guys but A family issue prevents us from attending……have a great time and think of me.

Mel

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.