Carpet from MG Magic

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars VW Based Kits Carpet from MG Magic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Harry Lewis
    Participant

@spike-lewis

Hi, Going to replace the previous owners custom indoor outdoor carpeting. It is held in place with many Phillips head screws. Is the carpet set from MG Magic held in place with screws also?
    Thank,
    Spike

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

I purchased my carpet set from MG Magic. The carpet is attached using 3M spray carpet glue. I don’t recall any screws either being used or recommended. My TD is a later Fiberfab/CMC TD.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

greg press
    Participant

@greg-press

Carpet tape works very well .

ray10
    Participant

@ray10

I replaced the carpet pad also. I glued the pad down with 3M spray  ,the rest was put in with screws . 

TDREPLICA Map

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=7f9174ad614e43b680deba085b0abf48

billnparts
    Participant

@billnparts

When I replaced my carpet over the summer, some of the panels I put in place with snaps. Easy in, easy out.

Bill Ascheman
    Fiberfab Ford
    Modified 5.0, 5sp., 4:11
    Autocross & Hillclimb
    "Drive Happy"

newkitman
    Participant

@newkitman

Spike,

My assembly manual says to attach the carpet with carpet glue. The portion that fits around the doors gets glued to some cardboard and the cardboard/carpeted panel gets screwed in around the door openings. I forgot about that part because that’s the one part of my carpet I haven’t installed yet. I did secure the upper corner of the rear compartment area with carpet glue and one self-tapping screw and finish washer.

Allen Caron
    VW based 53MGTD - "MoneyPenny"
    "If one thing matters, everything matters" - from the book The Shack

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used screws, gets wet take them out and dry, replace.  Used stainless with the round, raised washers.  Looks nice.  dennis p

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.