Classic Roadsters hood

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Classic Roadsters hood

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Curt
    Participant

@cookdog

Can anyone help me?  Need a hood for a Classic Roadsters ford front engine 1952 MGTD. The orignial was lost by the transportation company.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,  Curt        gdog1@mindspring.com 

Paul Mossberg
    Keymaster

@pmossberg

Hey Curt,

I saw this ad for TD replica parts.

Not sure if the hood will fit your Classic Roadsters, bu ti think it would be worth contacting the seller.

https://tdreplica.com/rc/viewad.asp?id=1002917992100227

Paul Mossberg
    Former Owner of a 1981 Classic Roadsters Ltd. Duchess (VW)
    2005 Intermeccanica Roadster

If you own a TDr and are not in the Registry, please go to https://tdreplica.com/forums/topic/mg-td-replica-registry/ and register (you need to copy and paste the link)

Scott A Chynoweth
    Participant

@1oldbuzz

I would hold the transportation company liable for the lost hood.They have or are supposed to have insurance for things like this

Royal
    Participant

@royal

Absolutely I ditto 1oldbuzz.  I have moved many many times in my lifetime and the mover is liable in almost all instances.  Don’t wait before filing, there may be a statute of limitations. 

Curt
    Participant

@cookdog

Cookdog here

Found someone to make a hood for my Classic Roadsters MGTD here in north Phoenix. $1500.00
    Got it back and on the car. The car is now running after 9 years but am having problems in Arizona getting a title for it.

The transportation company would not claim any liable for the lost hood. They said go head and sue us the lawsuit would have cost more than the hood.

Thanks for all the replies and once I can get it on the road i am sure i will have more questions.

Thanks Curt

edward ericson
    Participant

@edsnova

Wow. $1500! Glad you could get it done. But, man, if the hood on these things is worth $1500 then the whole kit ought to be about $10,000.

(Which it was, of course, 30 years ago) (Not adjusted for inflation).

Amazing then that more or less complete old kits are floating around on the Bay & Craigslist for a few hunnert.

Total business opportunity! Somehow. I guess. Maybe. Soon as I get fired from my job I’m gonna start sucking up those kits with my wife’s money.

I’ll call my shop “MG Tragic.”

As for titling and registration:

Few years back, AZ did not require an MSO to title a kit car. At least according to Car & Driver.

Here’s a page with updated rules and regs (downloads a pdf). Not sure if you’d be a “Historic vehicle” (“retains at least the basic original body style as manufactured twenty-five years or more before the date of the application.”) or a “Specially Constructed Vehicle.”

Either way, it should be doable–we’ve members there.

Good luck. You’ve earned it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.