Coil Springs ( front and rear)

Home Forums MGTD Kit Cars Chevy/Ford Kits Coil Springs ( front and rear)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill Stuck
    Participant

@billsflorida

I just completed my car and the rear end bottoms out if I go over just a minor pot hole. My coil spring material looks quit a but larger in diameter then that shown in the recent picture by KENZMYTH, and there are many more coils — leaving not much room for action.   Chevette owners, do you have that problem –or do you have springs like those shown in KENZMYTH’s listing?  If you have improved your ride with different springs in the rear — please let me know the part number and where to get them.

Also, since I did not build the rolling chassis portion of the car — I do not know if the PO used the part number ( 362193 ATD ) that is listed in the book for the front coils.  He did not remove one coil –so I had one removed. The front still sits high.  Any ideas about where to get the correct springs ( I tried a seach — but no hits)

billsflorida40498.9056712963

Larry Murphy
    Participant

@larry-murphy

Bill, use the search button at the top ,type in rear springs and look at Hawk521’s post about Chevette springs. Good info on this subject.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

Also, there used to be a Pontiac Fiero aftermarket front suspension available that used tubular “A” arms and coil over shocks. I forgot the name of the company.

The ’84-’87 Fiero and Chevette’s used the same front suspension parts. The ’88 Fiero (last one) used a different set up. http://www.fierostore.com/

If you measure the inner/outer diameters, free height and wire diameter, Eibach or Eaton-Detroit spring will probably be able to find a spring that will work.

Mark Hendrickson
    Participant

@pink-mg

http://www.westshorefabricators.com/

Held Motorsports was the Fiero (P-Body) aftermarket suspension people. I think they are out of business and may have reopened under the above name.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.